October 21, 2013 at 5:06 pm #504
I’m about to start playing around with Leo’s recommended plugin, Slideshow. Have a few questions:
1. What’s the optimal size setting for a page-spanning slideshow? I’ve looked through the plugin site, read FAQs etc, and can’t find that info.
2. I assume that if I want text over an image, I have to do that in Photoshop. Is that correct?
3. Is there a max number of slides you can have in a Slideshow show?
4. If anybody’s site is running Slideshow, please let me know. I’d love to see a few of them in action.
5. Anybody have a tip about using it? Please share that here.
Thanks!October 21, 2013 at 5:41 pm #5595
My front page has slideshow. When you set it up, you can choose how wide you’d like the slideshow to be. So i’d make it a bit wider than you need, because you can constrain it afterwards. Not sure if theres’s a max number of slides, but you have to assume most people won’t want to stay on the page for more than a few. I added my text in the visual itself…not sure if you can do otherwise, and that gives you more placement and font flexibility, IMO. It’s very easy to use.October 21, 2013 at 5:42 pm #5596
Just an FYI from my experience.
I did use Slideshow in the begining but not anymore. For width I used 1170 px and not sure about the height but I think 300 px.
I use LayerSlider WP. It is $15 but really like the feature for adding multiple layers in the slideshow. I was adding text in Photoshop like you want to do but everytime I wanted to change the text it was a hassle. With LayerSlider I am able to change the text on the fly from the plugin. I create layer 1 with the image and layer 2 as a text layer. I can have several layers.
-TimOctober 21, 2013 at 5:46 pm #5597
I was wondering how you incorporated moving text. Very cool.October 21, 2013 at 6:20 pm #5598
Thanks, Tim and Shelma, for the advice. I really appreciate it!
And yes, I also was wondering how Tim got that nice sliding text. I’d seen that before on his site and thought it was great. Think I’ll investigate LayerSlider WP before spending any more time on the project. I’m not very savvy about adding text over photos on Photoshop, so I don’t mind paying $15 if that makes text easier to add and change as needed. Plus that cool sliding-text feature!
The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.