Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Valentin Tabirca
    Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

As you may know, the site speed is an important factor for google. I have problems lately with mobile speed(75 on Google Pagespeed vs 89 for desktop) and I want to know, if you – site owners – want to share what plugins do you use for speeding your websites and what grades do you get on Pagespeed.
    Here is my configuration:
    Autoptimize
    Jetpack
    W3 Total Cache (plus Cloudflare CDN)
    WP Performance Score Booster
    All free versions.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

That seems like a pretty good score in my opinion. I just started using WP Rocket on a site and find that after extensive testing it improved page speed by about 30%. So if you’re already using a cache system it should be good to go. I don’t think you need to update much – but more important than the speed score, how long are the pages taking to load?

Profile photo of Valentin Tabirca
    Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

Front page 0.6-2 sec and product pages around 2 sec. (tested on GTmetrics and Pingdom). Just the score for mobile on Google Pagespeed is not ok, meaning it is not “green”. I don’t actually know how important is this.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

I think anything under 2.5 seconds on average is quite good and acceptable Valentin and I wouldn’t worry about other factors.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.