Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of NickW
    NickW
    Participant

Hi, I would like to confirm something I’ve seen discussed in some older topics where it’s said the functionality would be available in a future release…
    I’m about to build a website for a client who is a watercolor artist.  Her requirements are to have a gallery of images that allows;

• Display an image in a gallery view
    • Offer the purchase of the original painting, if for sale/not sold, which would be posted by her
    • Offer a digital download (1 size) of the print

I’ve managed a solution that uses woocommerce and ‘product variations’ but symbiostock looks like a much better way of getting what I need.

I’ve read through the user guide and various forum posts, but I can’t see a clear answer, apologies if I’ve not read correctly and re asked the same question that’s already been answered.

Regards

Nick

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

You can offer digital downloads and you can offer tangible products separately. But if you’re thinking about offering one product in variations of digital downloads and prints then the default Symbiostock plugin isn’t what you’re looking for.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Actually, as of 2.0.7 you can mark licenses as physical and offer a variation as a physical product.

So what you would do is create a product as normal, then create a new license or alter a built in one, mark it as physical. Then, people can choose to either buy a digital copy via one license or a physical product via another. The customer will automatically get a digital download for the digital copy and for the physical product it will wait to be fulfilled by you in WooCommerce just as any other physical product would.

As for the gallery view, that’s front end which Symbiostock doesn’t get very involved in.

Profile photo of NickW
    NickW
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the quick responses.

I realise now that the gallery view on the demo is just part of the theme, so that bit I’ve got covered and from Robin’s reply above it sounds like it will meet my requirements.  I’ll have a play with a test site and see how I get on.

I’ve managed a solution in woocommerce alone, but it was the extra features I liked such as being able to add watermarks to all images.  Much easier for the owner once the site is up and running.

Nick

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.