Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

I’m thinking more now about how my site appears to a buyer. My past experience with my own site suggests that buyers find the image they want via a Google search and come to my site on that product page. They do look at the home page and perhaps the licensing page, but I don’t think anyone comes to the home page and searches for, and buys, an image that way. From what I see, no-one ever comes back to buy a second image – ie there is no stickiness and we are not really forming any sort of relationship with these occasional buyers – we just get the one sale because it matches their need and they go away.

That said, the appearance of the product page is then key to them buying. At the moment they see the highest price license first – the extended one – and might form an opinion that this is too expensive and move on to the next Google search. I think we might get more traction by showing the lowest price option first – the small image at $2 in my case and then they start looking for the size they want and might end up with a more expensive one.

Is this a theme change/setting or coded in the plugin itself?

Steve

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster
    Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

In regards to the valuable information you’ve shared there, I hope the Symzio Widget will be highly effective in that regard, as it will take visitors directly to product pages. I think over time the networking feature will end up being a productive way of generating sales for the entire Symbiostock community because it will, to some extent, make every Symbiostock site a part of every other one.

What I mean by this is, it slowly creates a homogeneous ecosystem where a certain percentage of the visitors you get on a daily basis will in essence be visiting every site in the network. If every site uses the widget, we are in fact creating a similar environment to an agency while still remaining independent. It won’t be as effective as an agency for sure, but if we can cultivate even a small percentage of that throughput, we can truly start to make real money as independents.

It all still obviously depends on our ability to market our individual sites so we get visitors to begin with, but no one said this wouldn’t be an uphill battle. I hope to maximize the tools at our disposal that make every effort as productive as possible.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Wow – nothing was easier than that! I have now re-ordered my licenses, my checkout cart no longer asks for addresses and all I am waiting for is that first sale!

Thanks, Steve

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.