Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Stephanie
    Stephanie
    Participant

Hi, I have web hosting with Symbiostock and tonight in the middle of doing some work my site stopped working and when I refreshed I got, “Resource Limit Reached…The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.”

It’s been over 2 hours now and I still keep getting this message.

Does anyone know what this means and what is going on?

Thanks!

Stephanie

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Stephanie, I’ll look into this and get back to you.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Stephanie,

It looks like your site (despite being a reasonably small account) is consistently using 10 times the resources with regards to processes and what not than sites 10 times larger than yours are. This means that it is likely someone is either hacking your site or overwhelming it with login attempts.

Please read this article if you’d like:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Brute_Force_Attacks

I’ve increased your resources for now but this will fill up again rather quickly. Please look into plugins that may prevent this from happening (such as captchas). We will also try to figure out what script is causing the issue.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Stephanie,

We’re running a few tests to try to determine the cause. At this point it does not seem to be your plugins or a brute force attack, so you probably don’t have to do anything. Will keep you posted.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Problem appears to have solved itself Stephanie. These things happen?

I’ve reduced your limit to the normal ones again with the assumption that this was just a temporary hiccup.

Thanks for letting us know.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.