Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jan
    Jan
    Participant

I had a Legacy site and migrated to the new Symbiostock 3.0. I did this all on the same server and now want to remove all traces from the Symbiostock Legacy.

To be honest I am lost with all the files on the server and just can’t find out which files and folders I can safely remove. So I want to remove Legacy and keep all Symbiostock 3.0 files and folders. Would be nice to clean up the database as well.

Is there documentation somewhere to help me to figure this out.

Thanks!

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Jan – unfortunately there is no documentation on this as legacy has been out of development for many years now.

Once you disable the theme/plugin for legacy and delete it, you might have to hunt for the media files that remain to clear them up. Symbiostock Pro creates a few directories in your system the main one which is ss_media.

As for the database, that’s something we can’t quite advise on right now because any mistakes in that regard can break your site.

Profile photo of Jan
    Jan
    Participant

I suppose these are the new symbiostock files:
    wp-content/uploads/ss_media
    wp-content/uploads/_ssdl
    wp-content/uploads/ss_lic
    wp-content/uploads/ss_l_media
    wp-content/uploads/symbiostock_rf_content

These are the Legacy which can be deleted, all found in the root:
    plr_data_files
    symbiostock_ipn
    symbiostock_network
    symbiostock_rf
    symbiostock_xml_cache

Profile photo of THPStock
    THPStock
    Participant

Robin can you confirm the folders listed by Jan are correct, and ok to remove? I would like to do a clean out as well.

View my portfolio at THPStock Direct via Microstock Man. I also do Web Design & Graphic Design.

Profile photo of Jan
    Jan
    Participant

I am absolutely not sure about the files that can be deleted. Please don’t take my word. It would be nice if Robin could confirm this.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.