Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of scenicoregon
    scenicoregon
    Participant

OK, here’s a new-old problem.  It is an old problem that was at one point solved, but since I can’t seem to search the forum for the solution, now it is a new problem.  Here it is:  When a person registers, they are sent an email, and instead of their chosen password, THE EMAIL HAS A RANDOMLY GENERATED PASSWORD.  I don’t recall which password actually works, but either way, this is really bad for business.

I don’t remember how to fix this.  Anyone remember?

Profile photo of EggHeadStock
    EggHeadStock
    Participant

I also had this problem but don’t remember how I fixed it…
    I do remember that a good starting point is to disable all other plugins, try the registration process again, see if it works and re-enable all the plugins one by one.

Profile photo of scenicoregon
    scenicoregon
    Participant

Thanks EggHeadStock, that helped.  I’d a vague notion that the problem was originally a conflict between the older version of the emailer and the newer version of the Symbiostock theme, but since this one didn’t stem from an update, I was stumped.  Anyway, just deactivating all the plugins solved the issue, if my tests don’t lie, and even when I reactivated all of the plugins that were active before, the problem did not return.  My guess is that something needed to be refreshed.

Whatever the cause, the fix was easy– just hope it stays fixed, it is not something I’d normally test for.

Thanks again

Profile photo of EggHeadStock
    EggHeadStock
    Participant

Good to hear you solved it 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.