Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

After a couple of years of letting my Symbiostock site “rest”, I’ve started uploading some new images. Along the way, I thought I would check where my images were appearing on Google Image searches. I was interested to see that their search shows a nice snapshot of the image and shows that is it available at a price of $35, which is my price for an extended commercial license. It would be great if it showed $0.99 instead of the $35. Anyone know how Google pick this up and decide which price to show and in particular, is there a way to get it to show the lower price?

Google Image search

Steve

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Steve – nice to hear from you! I did a quick search on Google, and couldn’t find a direct answer, but this has something to do with the way Google is interacting with WooCommerce variable pricing products. Google is choosing the most expensive variable price for some reason – there may be no way to change this, but further research may help.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Yes, I’m still here and trying to keep this stock business going! I seem to have lost my Imagick PHP extension now on my server, but with a bit of pushing I should be able to get it back.

I like the idea of Google showing a price – it is just a pity they are picking the highest one (which is strange as they normally show the lowest price sellers in all their other search results.)

Anything we could come up with would be great!

Steve

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.