Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Is there something special about the PNG for a watermark? I have created a transparent file in Photoshop (1000 x 1000) and have used Save As PNG, choosing small size option and no interlacing. File size is 80KB. But when I import to the Symbio settings page, I always get the error: <span style=”color: #444444; font-family: ‘Open Sans’, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19.5px;”>Sorry, that file did not register as a PNG or was too large in size.</span>

Steve

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Let me look into it Steve – as you are using GD, it may be an issue with that specifically.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

This relates to the new fix coming out in Symbiostock 2.0 that adds backup functions in the case that you don’t have the finfo extension enabled. It was a bug that was checking the mime type of the PNG. When you upload a file via PHP it renames the file so there is no file extension, so it could not confirm that it was indeed a PNG file.

I’ve fixed this issue now and added it to the final build as well. Try it and let me know.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

No – none of the various PNGs I have made will load. My site is now running with Imagick (that option is checked as being OK), so I don’t understand what I am doing wrong. One of the files is the PNG that I used to use in the legacy system

Steve

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

I came up with a bit of a workaround. I uploaded my png into the same folder: Symbiostock/Assets as the default watermark. Then renamed the default one to a new name, renamed my png to ss_watermark.png and then selected “reset watermark” in settings. That did the trick.

Steve

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

I think the login page that you previously sent me must be an old address then, because I just logged into it to check and Imagick is not installed, and the PNG uploading works fine. That means the install I’ve added the fix to must be different than the one you’re currently using.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.