Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sjlocke
    sjlocke
    Participant

I’m working on my SYM site. I’m wondering if anyone who knows the internals better than me would like to write me a plug-in for a small fee.

I want to get my Stocksy image information into my SYM site so it displays like all the other images, but I don’t want to have to add information one image at a time, like with the existing plugin.

So…

I am going to write something to create a database with:
    stocksy id, stocksy url, stocksy image thumbnail url (or I can insert the thumb into the database), stocksy title, stocksy description

I’d like the plugin to run through the db, inserting all the information into the SYM database, doing the image resizes, processing steps, (no watermark creation) etc, so it’s just as if I uploaded it manually. Then the page will also have to display, taking out the pricing table, and just having a link to Stocksy.

I could probably work it out eventually, but I don’t have a lot of time right now.

Let me know!

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

Can’t help you with what you’re asking for, but you might have another approach to consider in getting what you want done.

Symbiostock’s image processor reads IPTC data and if you have everything you need in the image, and aren’t worried about adding information for SEO, you can Process to Publish versus Process to Draft.

So if you had the watermarked stocksy preview image with IPTC data, and Andrzej’s existing Stock plugin, I think with a watermark added to your Symbiostock site that was effectively blank (you get to produce the watermark image file), you’d get the minipic you need, the link to your Stocksy portfolio and no prices.

So rather than writing a plugin, the task would be to get the IPTC data into the watermarked Stocksy image, possibly easier to get done?

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Welcome to SYMBIOSTOCK!

jsnover’s approach seems very reasonable, BTW.

Profile photo of dp69_2001
    dp69_2001
    Participant

That does seem like a difficult approach.

I think it would need access to the Stocksy database? Which could also be a security risk? But, my symbio is by far the fastest site that I upload to. Depending on how many categories you need and hopefully all the same pricing, it could be more efficient to just upload and process them. :/

Also, welcome to the team! I’m excited too see you here! Coincidentally I read an interview you did somewhere and spent some time browsing stocksy just before seeing this.

Profile photo of sjlocke
    sjlocke
    Participant

I can get a list of all my images – but I have almost 3000 – I don’t want to be inputting the image number per file on SS or anything like that plugin requires…

Profile photo of sjlocke
    sjlocke
    Participant

BTW, is there no way to set categories beside individually doing it?

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

Regarding categories, there’s the batch editor (paid add on from leo; it’s part of the premium plugin). You can search for any keywords and then assign all or some of the results to a category.

Regarding the task you first mentioned, I think a tool like ExifTool (command line reading and writing of IPTC data)could handle getting the information – including the stocksy image number in the format Andrzej’s plugin requires after the description – into the image.

Edited to correct bulk editor to batch editor above. See posts below about the included options for category assignments from Symbiostock -> All Images

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Hi there! I’m “clocking in” right now 😀 Big Symbio day ahead of me on licensing

That plugin is simple stuff. I just need to know where the Stocksky API is.

Regarding the second question, if you click on “All Images” (Ladybug) you will have mass-edit options. Go to “Bulk Edit” dropdown and choose “Edit” and you could choose the categories based on that.

In your case, because you have a huge portfolio you might just be better off using premium since its made for managing lots of images.

Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

SEAN !!! Man, I am so excited to see you here. Thats a big push for Symbiostock. Damn this is cool. Hope you get it all sorted asap.

Welcome to the club 🙂

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

@Semmick Photo wrote:

SEAN !!! Man, I am so excited to see you here. Thats a big push for Symbiostock. Damn this is cool. Hope you get it all sorted asap.

Welcome to the club 🙂

+1

Great to see you joining Symbiostock!

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

@jsnover wrote:

Regarding categories, there’s the bulk editor (paid add on from leo; it’s part of the premium plugin). You can search for any keywords and then assign all or some of the results to a category……

to clarify — you can select multiple images in ‘bulk edit’ in the standard theme and then add categories

the premium version has ‘batch edit’ which gives additional capabilities

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

@sjlocke wrote:

There is a veeery easy way without the premium plugin..

If you go to Stock images > All Images there are bulk edit options..

Select all images that you like to apply a category, then click on “Edit” from the drop down menu and just tick the box for the category you want..

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

@cidepix wrote:

@sjlocke wrote:

…Select all images that you like to apply a category…

Sorry for the terminology mixup earlier. But the issue is selecting the images. Clicking things by looking at what you want in the All Images list is fine for 5 or 10 images, but it is incredibly time consuming for larger quantities, items scattered across multiple pages of 20…

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

for the bulk editor, click ‘screen options’ in the upper right & you can display MANY more images at once

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

@jsnover wrote:

@cidepix wrote:

@sjlocke wrote:

…Select all images that you like to apply a category…

Sorry for the terminology mixup earlier. But the issue is selecting the images. Clicking things by looking at what you want in the All Images list is fine for 5 or 10 images, but it is incredibly time consuming for larger quantities, items scattered across multiple pages of 20…

I understand but as I only have 2 categories that I would like to apply to all images, it was extremely easy for me.. + it’s FREE!

Of course batch editor is the better option but if you don’t have many categories, and want to stay with the free option what I said is the way to go..

btw, I just realized Leo had already mentioned it..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.