Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Snap Vectors
    Snap Vectors
    Participant

Hello all!

I was curious if any of you have had success marketing your images on Pinterest?

I’m a vector artist, and I think my images would get a lot of good exposure there. I think I’m going to start a Pinterest account in my personal name. I’ll start pinning vector artwork I like, and mix in some of my images. I thought about starting a Pinterest page/account with the name of “Snap Vectors”, but I don’t want it to look like on of those company-run Pinterest pages that only feature their own pins.

Any thoughts on it?

Thanks!
    Nate

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Personally, I absolutely hate Pinterest because the entire company is based on featuring unauthorized use of image material.
    No Pinterest for me.

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

@redneck wrote:

Personally, I absolutely hate Pinterest because the entire company is based on featuring unauthorized use of image material.
    No Pinterest for me.

I am pleased I was not the first one to say this 🙂 I even have a pinterest block plug-in on my site and included it in the non-sharing places in the licence

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

not pinterested

Snap Vectors
    Participant

Thanks for the comments. That was pretty overwhelming. I’m glad I asked. Pinterest is obviously not a good idea for marketing our images.

Do any of you use any other outside ways to market your images besides just maximizing your SEO? I’ve heard Twitter can be helpful. I want to get the Twitter functionality of the Premium Plugin up and running. I’m sure that will help.

Thanks!
    Nate

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

@Snap Vectors wrote:

Thanks for the comments. That was pretty overwhelming. I’m glad I asked. Pinterest is obviously not a good idea for marketing our images.

Do any of you use any other outside ways to market your images besides just maximizing your SEO? I’ve heard Twitter can be helpful. I want to get the Twitter functionality of the Premium Plugin up and running. I’m sure that will help.

Thanks!
    Nate

Yeah, I use the automated daily twitter post that the Premium plugin offers. I have also connected my twitter my Facebook page so that the daily twitter post gets automatically posted on FB, too.

If I write a blog post (with actual text content), then I use the SNAP (Social Networks Auto Poster) plugin to post this article to Blogger, Diigo, Delicious, Facebook, FriendFeed, Instapaper, LiveJournal and Twitter at the same time.

Snap Vectors
    Participant

Thanks for your reply, Redneck.

I checked out your blog. That is cool that you’re using it to promote your own work and the whole Symbiostock network. Thanks for the tip on the SNAP plugin. I know there is a lot of SEO power in getting your article (blog post) out on all those sites and networks.

Does anyone else use other forms of marketing to bring eyeballs to their work on the network?

Thanks!
    Nate

Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

@christine wrote:

I am pleased I was not the first one to say this 🙂 I even have a pinterest block plug-in on my site and included it in the non-sharing places in the licence

Great to know about that plugin! I had no idea but I’m glad…

Just looked that up and found 2 good prospects. There’s Block Pinterest by Liam Gladdy and Pinterest Block by Phil Derksen.

Christine, could you tell me which one you’re using? I assume you like it so I’ll take your recommendation.

Thanks!

Profile photo of Jan
    Jan
    Participant

Sorry for bringing up this old post.

I am not a big fan of social sites and all the work it brings if you do marketing on all these sites, but I do what I have to do 😐

I am really confused about the negative approach towards Pinterest. I may be daft, but if I place a watermarked image there what is the difference if I post the same watermarked image on my own site, FB, G+, Twitter, etc, etc.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

your image may be safe with a watermark, but pinterest itself is a notorious piracy site – they don’t care about copyright amd posting images there is unlikely to lead to sales

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.