Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of THPStock
    THPStock
    Participant

I tried searching but couldn’t find anything, sorry if this is already covered somewhere…

My hosting company has finally enabled PHP7 support and I know my theme and most of my other plugins are compatible with it.

But I can’t seem to find out if Symbiostock supports PHP7 yet? The major reason for wanting to move to it of course being the significant speed increases being reported.

Could you clarify where Symiostock is at with PHP7 please Robin?

Thanks so much.

View my portfolio at THPStock Direct via Microstock Man. I also do Web Design & Graphic Design.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

It is not yet certified compatible with PHP7. What that means is it probably will work, but we can’t guarantee it.

THPStock
    Participant

Thanks Robin, that helps.

Are there plans in the near future to certify it as fully compatible?

View my portfolio at THPStock Direct via Microstock Man. I also do Web Design & Graphic Design.

THPStock
    Participant

Does anyone else have experience running PHP7 on their server with Symbiostock?

Any feedback would be great.

THPStock
    Participant

Hi, Tim I found that but don’t tested it … https://wpengine.com/blog/php-7-compatibility-checker-plugin/ Chris

Thanks Chris, I am trying it out now!

THPStock
    Participant

So couldn’t get that plugin to successfully complete its scan.

Hoping the Symbio team can confirm compatibility in the coming months with PHP7. 🙂

Profile photo of Lowell Montgomery
    Lowell Montgomery
    Participant

When I ran that (compatibility plugin), the result was that the Symbiostock plugins are compatible. There were some warnings/notices about changes which should be made (mainly to avoid deprecated stuff). But the short diagnosis was “compatible”. And as far as fixes for deprecated functionality, nothing I saw seemed like it should be all that much work. And, of course, PHP7 is supposed to run compatible code 2x as fast, so I’m running with it. So far, so good, I think. I should say that my site runs fine on PHP 7.0.x, but if I switch to 7.1.x (which my host supports), I see complete failure of the WordPress site (and have not yet determined whether that is related to this or any other plugins).

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing that information Lowell.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.