Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Verena Joy
    Verena Joy
    Participant

Hello,
    I am working away on creating my site within the Symbiostock network. Along the way there has been some stumbling blocks but thanks to Leo I have been able to move ahead. I’m not that technically savvy as many of you are but put in a lot of time trying to get things to work.

My site requires a lot of work yet to make it presentable but there is a couple of things that I can’t find in the knowledge base or on the forums and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

The main issue at the moment that has me stumped at the moment is paypal. In the sandbox mode it just gets to the screen for paypal login and won’t recognize my login info. In live mode using another computer with another paypal account the transaction goes though but the item is still in the cart and not in the download area and a message comes up to refresh the screen or contact us. The seller (me) gets the email with the sales info and the credit to my account but my test customer doesn’t get an email.

I have been working on this for awhile and not getting anywhere so I thought I would ask. Sort of in the ‘pulling out hair stage’ 🙂

Really excited to be getting my site up and running!

Verena

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

Hi Verna and Welcome.
    I can’t help but would like to ask if the test customer gets the registration email okay and in good time, sometimes the emails do get held up. I assume if you have been liaising with Leo you are using the latest (or one of the latest) versions?

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

Hi and welcome!

Diana Jo wrote a wonderful tutorial (that I personally used and got it working for myself) and it is available via this post…

http://www.symbiostock.org/topic/299/how-to-create-a-paypal-sandbox-account/

It’s fairly easy to understand so go read it. She took the time out to write it to help all of us 🙂

Just a couple of notes on my experience.

1. I had a few glitches with PayPal but my “Test” account did get created once I tried it out.
    2. You WILL get an error if you are trying to log in via your ACTUAL site account. You must either log out and log in using your “Testing” account or simply use a different browser to log in with your “Testing” account.
    3. You MUST use a completely different email address to your PayPal account. You also need to go check it so you can see if the emails arrive, test your download links etc.

Hope this helps 🙂

Jo

Verena Joy
    Participant

Thanks for the replies and the welcomes!

Jo, I did go to the Diana Jo tutorial and got the sandbox transaction to work. I was really happy after all that frustration! A big thank you to Diana Jo for writing the tutorial. I have yet to try it in live mode again.

Christine, yes the test customer did get the registration email okay and quickly. I am using clean theme 2 with the child theme and the Symbiostock theme 2.8.7. I had the same problems when I was using 2.6.5 but the appearance of the site looked pretty good. With 2.8.7 I can’t seem to align my top search menu to the top and the search bar goes across the page 🙁 Worked and worked on that but have to leave it to Leo.

Very happy to have made some progress with paypal!

Verena

JoRodrigues
    Participant

You should post a link for us to see but I think what you are wanting to achieve can be done by Appearance > Customize >SymbioStock Nav Menus > “Separate Search/Account Menu?”

Jo

Verena Joy
    Participant

Hi Jo,
    I have tried the Appearance > Customize >SymbioStock Nav Menus > “Separate Search/Account Menu?” a number of times along with lots of other stuff but it just doesn’t seem to make a difference.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Verena

JoRodrigues
    Participant

Check your messages. I suspect that this is a conflict between the old version of SYXtra and the new SymbioStock theme.

Jo

Profile photo of alila
    alila
    Participant

Verena,
    It seems you have the same problem as me before, no email for download and items still in cart?
    I just found the problem is with the Symbiostock email and notifications plugin. Did you install that? it should be on your plugin list if you did. If not, look at the top of the pages of your wp-admin there is a notice about required plugin. Click on the line “Begin installing plugin” right below the recommended plugins and you will see a plugin list , some are required and some are recommended.
    Under the name of each plugin there is a link to install. Install all that are required.
    Forget about paypal sanbox, set a price of an image at a dollar and do it live, paypal will get 35 cents from that but it worth it, you will know for sure if it works. It worked for me perfectly.
    Good luck!

Profile photo of simi
    simi
    Participant

Hi all

i was struggling with same problem , in live when my friend tried test purchase payment was successful , and after clicking on return to smita.chavan@live.com, he landed up to my customer and file management area mentioning “thanks for purchase …. ” , but image is never moved to download area and it is always in cart area and he never received an email. discussed here
    ( http://www.microstockgroup.com/symbiostock-technical-support/problems-with-symbiostock-theme-2-6-4/50/ )

and SS member suggested to post it here , thanks for JoRodrigues reference link and Diana’s tutorial , i have created sand box test account and surprisingly with san box test account everything is working image is being moved to download area from cart area , i have received email and i am able to download photo ,

can some one provide me pointer what could be wrong with Live scenario , i will change some more setting and will ask my friend to do some more test purchase , meanwhile if any one faced same kind of issue , and in case they fixed it , i will be really grateful for their help.

JoRodrigues
    Participant

I’m just wondering if there is a difference to the Theme and WordPress if it is live or in Sandbox? Does it execute the same commands for either? If not then perhaps there is a bug in the works. Just a thought for Leo.

Jo

Profile photo of simi
    simi
    Participant

Yahoo … i deactivated wordfence ( reference from this link : http://stock.imagerion.com/symbiostock-paypal-issues/ ) , and selected radio button to LIVE again , and asked my another friend to do test purchase from USA , and yeah this time image is successfully moved to download area and he received mail too. finally great relief. thanks all for such a great knowledge sharing and prompt response.

Verena Joy
    Participant

Thanks Alila and Simi for some ideas. I do have the Symbiostock email and notifications plugin installed and activated. I have tried deactivating wordfence after reading your reply. Two people were able to download images. Martha in the US (thank you Martha!) and a friend in Bermuda.

However, no one locally can download an image or from any of my other testers that I have across Canada. (Four of them). The latest one this evening in Montreal. Paypal goes through but no downloads here in Canada.

I’m very glad that both of you have gotten things to work for you as I can appreciate how frustrating this is after spending weeks on trying to fix it. And thank you Jo for giving me lots of ideas to work on.

So, if anyone has any other suggestions I’m really eager to try something else!

Profile photo of simi
    simi
    Participant

Hi all ,

one more update , verena , yesterday when i opened my mail box , i had seen hundreds of junk signup , with same type of user , mostly robot signup , after going through forum i saw to avoid this i have to enable anti – captcha plugin and wordfence security , when i saw wordfence , i started feeling again i can reach to same point (download issue 🙁 ) , but just for trial i activated wordfence security , tested with Sanbox user worked fine , then i asked my friend from USA to do test purchase , and fortunately he was able to download , i am so happy , not sure why it didn’t work at first place.

Locally ( i.e. Test with indian buyer ) , it is not working , because paypal made rule , indian buyer cannot send/receive/payment from indian seller , simple word domestic payment is not allowed in india 🙁 , i wish they can remove this rule very soon . i have to test payment/download option with other country buyer. Thanks for pointer verena.

Verena Joy
    Participant

I might not have this discussion properly titled. Paypal does indeed work. All transactions go through for the buyer and myself. Unfortunately, the image is not delivered to the buyer. In the cart manager the item is shown in the buyers cart but not in the purchases.

Simi, I did phone paypal and they told me that this problem has nothing to do with them as all the transactions go through. They told me to speak with the developer. In your case does the paypal part of the transaction go through when you try locally?

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

I have changed the title for you to see if it brings a response from anyone who might be able to help

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.