Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant

Hi all,
    I have decided to have some password protected sub categories, When I click on it, it asks for the password, when I put the password in, it errors with 404.

You can see this in action here: https://wall2wall.photos/product-category/rwphotoshoots/
    Password is: +vx]=ZPXv5r5`wSJ

Thoughts?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi there – this would not have anything to do with Symbiostock at all, however it could have to do with your WordPress install, or something else.

Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant

Yup, you’re right again Robin. Thank you. It’s an issue with WP Security, I guess I will have to go through each settings and check. lol

Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant

But…..

When you change the password, you no longer get access to category.

Thoughts?

Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant

Actually ignore that. It does work but the password change doesn’t happen straight away. I assume it need to wait for CRON to run the processor?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Richard

As I said, Symbiostock and its processor has nothing to do with this. I have no idea why there would be a delay in the password updating other than cache.

Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant

Thanks Robin,

It is absolutely related to security software I run, how is the Auth done for protected folders? What is the mechanism for displaying the folder content once auth is done?

I only ask so I can try and configure the security software to allow access.

Cheers. 🙂

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Richard – unfortunately we have no idea what the issue is as Symbiostock has absolutely nothing to do with password protected categories or products.

Profile photo of Johannes
    Johannes
    Participant

Hy Richard,

I have a question. I also want to share fotos with password protection through symbiostock. But i cant get it managed via symbiostock.
    How did you do this with catergories? I cant get subcategories in the platform symbiostock and i cant get a password protection sharing via symbiostock or?

How do you get this managed?

Would be very great if you could reply!!!
    THANKS!
    John

Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant

Hy Richard,

I have a question. I also want to share fotos with password protection through symbiostock. But i cant get it managed via symbiostock.
    How did you do this with catergories? I cant get subcategories in the platform symbiostock and i cant get a password protection sharing via symbiostock or?

How do you get this managed?

Would be very great if you could reply!!!
    THANKS!
    John

Hi John,
    The issue is not Symbiostock software. I have found it’s related to security software, in my case, when you rename your admin login page to something other than https://domainname.com/wp-admin it breaks the access to the protected categories.

I use wpcerber security which is fantastic but they blame the Symbiostock software, sooo it would seem you can’t have the security of a non standard admin login page and protected categories at the same time which is a bizarre situation that no one wants to deal with.

Hope this helps.

R.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.