Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

HI all,

I’m looking to network with people who are actively marketing their sites. (SEO/social networking/paid advertising.)

I’m running paid ads for my site on google express (pay per click) and Facebook, and I’m generating traffic and clickthroughs to the Symbiostock global search as well as the sites connected to me. I’d like to build on that by connecting with others who are also paying for eyeballs.

Hope there are a couple of takers. 🙂

Profile photo of simi
    simi
    Participant

Hi Michele

I am planning to run facebook advertisement in next few weeks , as my site has really less traffic , i have to run such campaign i guess , howz your experience with facebook advertisement ?

Regards
    Simi

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

I’ve gotten some decent results with Facebook, but Google seems to be working better for me. I do plan to run a promotion soon on Facebook, though.

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

I have been thinking about this as well – not facebook but paid marketing which I will shortly be doing with Picturengine.

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

I’ve done this with Facebook ads, Google adwords, and Bing. While it might be ok to get people’s attention, I don’t think it will directly help your sales since a sale in stock photography is always so specific that you can’t really plan or market for it.

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

You do seem to be reporting more sales than the rest of though Redneck so you are doing something right 🙂

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

I’d be very glad to do some paid marketing, too, but I don’t have any idea how to go about it and haven’t had time to research it.

Has anybody found a good online tutorial for such things?

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

@redneck wrote:

I’ve done this with Facebook ads, Google adwords, and Bing. While it might be ok to get people’s attention, I don’t think it will directly help your sales since a sale in stock photography is always so specific that you can’t really plan or market for it.

Yet you’re advertising and you’re getting sales.

Before you can make a sale, people have to know you exist and you’re selling something. So advertising directly helps your sales. People might not buy something that one time if they don’t find it on your site, but now they know your site exists and might visit again if they need something. And, of course, linking to other Symbio sites gives them more choices, and they’re more likely to find what they’re looking for and return.

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

@marthamarks wrote:

I’d be very glad to do some paid marketing, too, but I don’t have any idea how to go about it and haven’t had time to research it.

Has anybody found a good online tutorial for such things?

Advertising on Facebook and Google is pretty easy. They don’t accept many words, so you’re forced to make your message short and sweet. I’ve posted a few articles about it in the marketing and Facebook threads, but I’ll look around and see if I can find something more tutorial-like.

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

Also, I’ve mentioned this before…at least hosting with BlueHost, there are Google and Facebook advertising coupons. You get $50 in free Facebook advertising and $100 in Google advertising after you spend $25 with them. Just scroll down in your C panel to “promotional.” There’s also a Twitter coupon, but I haven’t checked it out yet.

But surely spending $25 and getting $175 worth of advertising between Google and Facebook is a pretty good deal.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

@shelma1 wrote:

Also, I’ve mentioned this before…at least hosting with BlueHost, there are Google and Facebook advertising coupons. You get $50 in free Facebook advertising and $100 in Google advertising after you spend $25 with them. Just scroll down in your C panel to “promotional.” There’s also a Twitter coupon, but I haven’t checked it out yet.

But surely spending $25 and getting $175 worth of advertising between Google and Facebook is a pretty good deal.

Yeah, I used the Bluehost coupons, even though my site wasn’t hosted at BH anymore at that time.

Profile photo of up_illustration
    up_illustration
    Participant

Apparently those ad coupons are only available for US and Canada accounts. 🙁

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

@shelma1 wrote:

HI all,

I’m looking to network with people who are actively marketing their sites. (SEO/social networking/paid advertising.)

I’m running paid ads for my site on google express (pay per click) and Facebook, and I’m generating traffic and clickthroughs to the Symbiostock global search as well as the sites connected to me. I’d like to build on that by connecting with others who are also paying for eyeballs.

Hope there are a couple of takers. 🙂

I’ve added you to my network — i’m currently using adwords at a low level, concentrating on keywords for image collections and specific images – started in mid – dec — I’ve gotten more clicks, but so far no sales, but this is a slow time of year. i’ll be mostly skiing the next 4 weeks, so won’t ramp up further til I can mpnitor more closely

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

Great! I’ll add you as well.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.