Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sandorgora
    sandorgora
    Participant

(i hope i use the right words to express this idea)

we are a network and we are linking to eachother.
    a potential buyer who is browsing our sites
    and would like to buy 1 image here and 1 image there,
    have to register/login each time for each other SYS site.
    it would really be “lean” if a buyer could register/login only one time for the whole network.
    i have no idea if this is technical possible.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

This has been discussed in the past – along with a common license.

http://www.microstockgroup.com/symbiostock-suggestions/centralized-registration-and-eula/

I believe there are some technical issues which would have to be addressed.

Also, where would the central user registration live and who would be responsible for helping out users who had problems registering? Right now we’re all responsible for maintaining our own sites and supporting our own customers.

There is nothing to stop a user from creating the same name/password for each symbiostock site (now that we let users pick their own passwords) so I think this is less of a hassle than it once was

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

not only is this hard to implement, but also I (and believe many others) wouldn’t join it even if it was made.. first of all, who is the customer going to contact if they have any issues.. it may get complicated if they are dealing with 10-15 sites.. they might even forget where they got a certain image..

also, the registration used to be harder and it took time, but now a customer who would like to purchase multiple images from multiples sites can just enter the same username, same password and email on all sites and proceed to checkout one by one.. this is not a problem at all..

Profile photo of sandorgora
    sandorgora
    Participant

ok, i understand all the things you mention and of which i didnot think.

(topic can be closed)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.