Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Webitect
    Webitect
    Participant

Hello,

I was wondering if you can advise on how to fix this issue I’m having. in the last 2 days, I’ve uploaded 3 batches via FTP and used the cron to get them into the Symbiostock media tab. Two batches has a photo (just one, in each batch) that will trigger one of the following error messages. The file details show up in the Symbiostock media tab but without the thumbnail and its’ product page has no image either. Everything else shows up. Here are the different error messages that I will get every time I try to re-upload the file:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 94371840 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 496000 bytes) in /misc/19/133/769/758/user/web/eventphotos.newbiephoto.net/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock/tools-imagemanipulation.php on line 432

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 94371840 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2492 bytes) in /misc/19/133/769/758/user/web/eventphotos.newbiephoto.net/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock/tools-imagemanipulation.php on line 466

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 94371840 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 17784 bytes) in /misc/19/133/769/758/user/web/eventphotos.newbiephoto.net/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock/tools-imagemanipulation.php on line 429

I’ve changed the name of the files, the size of the files but nothing has worked. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey there – this is a memory issue, as indicated. Basically the memory your server has been allocated by your host is too low so the script is terminating. If you were to reduce the size of the image it should theoretically work.

Another thing is whether you are using Imagick or GD – GD uses significantly more memory than Imagick does. Symbiostock will automatically use Imagick if it is available.

Webitect
    Participant

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the speedy reply. I just found it curious and frustrating that the 2 files that are having problems are not the largest I’ve uploaded successfully (the largest being 15 mb so far). Somehow I got one of the files (10.3 mb) to uploaded properly by uploading it with a batch of 19 other images but the 9.04 mb still won’t upload properly, whether uploaded solo or within a batch of images.

In regards to Imagick, my host says “<span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Verdana; font-size: small; line-height: 1.5;”>Sorry, we currently do not support the imagick extension”</span>

In regards to increasing memory as outlined  at http://www.symbiostock.org/docs/increasing-the-memory-limit/  I can’t find the php.ini file. but I’ve made the changes to the wpconfig and the htaccess.

Please advise.

Webitect
    Participant

Hmmm…I just got it uploaded….don’t know why tho but I’ll take it.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

It’s basically not reliable – GD memory errors cannot always be replicated – sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. There is often no clear rhyme or reason. But the processor will keep trying. However, these are fatal errors – so if for some reason you upload an image that always fails, your processor will just stop processing because that will always cause the script to end.

The memory limit is likely implemented by your web-hosts, and they are the ones that configure the php.ini file – if you’re in a shared environment, you are going to have to ask them to increase the memory limit so this issue is minimized.

The only other option would be to move hosts where you would have access to Imagick.

Webitect
    Participant

Thanks for the info, Robin. I’ll see what I can do.

Webitect
    Participant

UPDATE: Got in touch with my host, no word yet on Imagick but they helped change the memory limit. I’m using 256 and no memory errors.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Fantastic news!

Webitect
    Participant

Hi Robin,

Just received word from my host regarding the testing of Imagick,

“<span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Verdana; font-size: small; line-height: 1.5;”>We are beginning some trial runs of ImageMagick, so I went ahead and installed it on the same server you are hosted on. </span>We use a whitelist to determine what executables php can run on the system, and I added /usr/bin/composite, /usr/bin/convert, and /usr/bin/mogrify to the list. I was wondering what plugin you were considering to use with ImageMagick support, and if it was able to utilize what we have setup.”

I’ve responded with the link to this forum and was hoping you had more info I can relay to them? My “Imagick” button in the settings page is still showing disabled.

Please advise. Thanks.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey there – Symbiostock does not use Image Magick’s command line – it requires the use of PHP Imagick, which is an extension installed unto PHP that allows you to manipulate images within PHP. So those commands will not work with Symbiostock. They need to enable PHP Imagick, which generally is now available with most hosts.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.