Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dirk2
    dirk2
    Participant

I just bought the Anytype license, but I cannot get ZIP files delivered. Whenever I attach a ZIP file, a JPEG extension is added and a broken file is delivered.

I plan to sell several thousand sets of packs with patterns. For this I have two licenses each, for private and commercial use.

If I now upload the sample image for such a pack and then want to attach the ZIP file to the two standard licenses, it will be immediately converted into a broken link.

I do not need a different license for each ZIP file. And I cannot create several thousand licenses now. Nobody can manage that afterwards.

How do I get a Zip file now with the two licenses per product?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi there – are you manually uploading the ZIP file to the correct directory with the correct filename, or are you adding it as a new file in your upload directory? AnyType files are not managed the same way as normal images.

https://www.symbiostock.org/docs/symbiostock-anytype/

Profile photo of dirk2
    dirk2
    Participant

Have I now understood correctly that I should create several thousand licenses? While I create two variants with normal Woocommerce board means, and then simply attach the ZIP file (and Woocommerce even supports multiple files per variant) twice to the product. And I can simply upload the ZIP file via Woocommerce.

Where does the 49 Dollar plugin save me any work. And where do I have an advantage? If I understand the brief instructions correctly, I should now create a dummy product. Then look up the number. Then rename the file separately, then create two licenses for this file (I always need two) and then go back into the product and enter the licenses. And that then about 1800 times?

And without the plugin I create two variants once, create the product, upload the ZIP once and add it to the two variants and I’m done. That’s also a good 1800 times, but I only need a fraction of the time.

So this can’t be it. And why does Symbiostock always change the file name when I add the file manually? Now that you have bought the expensive license, I expect that all other files are allowed as well.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Dirk – no, you do not create a thousand licenses.

AnyType adds the ability to create a non-image license. So when you add a new license or edit an old one, you can add an AnyType postfix at the bottom of the license edit page. When you do this, Symbiostock no longer resizes the original media for delivery if a customer buys it – instead, it will look for that filename in the media directory and deliver that to the customer. If the file does not exist, then the license will be disabled automatically and users will not be able to buy it.

So, let’s say you want to add the ability for customers to buy RAW files for your images. Once you upload the images and they are in your store, you can then systematically upload the RAW file with the right filename to your media directory, and assuming the license has been setup correctly, it will then allow customers to purchase that RAW file at a price that you set.

You can do so for ZIP files too. The key here is that AnyType allows you to add a license, just like “Small JPEG” to your whole store, and it will appear along with the image licenses on each product page, but will not be a resized version of the image or vector – it will be a custom file, like a ZIP or RAW or whatever of your choosing.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.