Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gameover
    gameover
    Participant

I have a problem and I hope to find help 🙂

I just installed my new website with the Symbiostock plugin by Inmotion.

I uploaded an image via web, OK, slowly but the image is there with thumbnail, watermark and metadata in the product page.

I uploaded  2 images via FTP, run the cron job: the images are parsed, the product page is ready with metadata but no thumbnail.
    I made another FTP upload with the same result, no thumbnail.

Cron job has all what it needs and flashes all green, I run the diagnostic too, all OK.

Any idea? Anyone with the same issue?

Thanks in advance!

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Uploading via the web and FTP are identical in every single way. The only possibility is you are uploading it to a different location via FTP – but if the products are being created, then the thumbnails should as well.

The only problem may be if you are manually running the processor. Perhaps try putting it on a minute scheduler and see if that rectifies the issue.

When you upload via the web, it basically puts the file in the exact same directory as the FTP one. Maybe log into the FTP and refresh after you upload via web to confirm it is all going to the same location.

Profile photo of George Sheldon
    George Sheldon
    Participant

Gameover,

Have tried the Plugin Regenerate Thumbnails? Download nd install it, and then run it. That may fix your Thumbnails.

George

gameover
    Participant

Thank you  George for the suggestion, I regenerated the thumbnails, it worked, but I have to attach the thumbnail again to the product.
    Robin, please how can I run not manually the cron job with a scheduler?
    Until now I tried manually only, the image locations is correct: the image is uploaded in /ss_media/new/ and when processed appears in /ss_media

Thank you for the support!

Profile photo of Chrisroll
    Chrisroll
    Participant

Hi Gameover,

You have to go to your cpanel / cron job

copy paste your command “curl -silent -A ‘Mozilla’……”

Configure your cron job to run every 1 minute (* * * * *)

gameover
    Participant

Thank you Chrisroll!
    I just did it, I’m curious to see if it makes the difference 🙂

gameover
    Participant

Here again! Now I run the cron job every 1 minute. I uploaded two images via FTP, the products appear with metadata but no thumbnails as before. In WP media library there is a greyed “placeholder” for every thumbnail but I don’t see them. If I regenerate the thumbnails they appear in media library with watermark but I have to attach them manually to their products.

Then, I uploaded an image per web and the product is processed  okay with metadata and thumbnail!  So manually or not, the situation doesn’t change.

I would be very grateful for any idea, I’m sure that should be a simply explanation for that , but at the moment I don’t know what to think.

Profile photo of Chrisroll
    Chrisroll
    Participant

Did you tried to upload only one image by FTP instead of two?
    It’s perhaps a memory limit.
    Is your Imagick PHP Extension enabled (green) in your Symbiostock settings?

gameover
    Participant

Thanks of the hint Chrisroll!
    Yes (and yes Imagick PHP is enabled green), I did and I uploaded a batch of images by web too.

The result is that I see the thumbnail only if I upload one single image by web!
    It is smelling of timing, I need to contact  the inmotion people.
    It was for me very important to know that others are not experiencing this issue, it helps!

Thanks again.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Not to sidetrack the thread, but this is precisely why we are investing so much time, money and energy into the new Symbiostock Hosting platform.

gameover
    Participant

where? when? Can we have more informations?

Profile photo of Mark
    Mark
    Participant

Did you find a solution for this problem, I have it now too. It worked well until the beginning of March but now it does not work anymore. I’ve tried all the above mentioned solutions. I’ve even downgraded to WC 2.5.5 again but nothing helped. In the Symbiostock Diagnostics everything is marked green, except WooCommerce version.

Here a screenshot: http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/2371792/a9e42310aed1180c2c02d421259731d7

Any ideas?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.