Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Graham
    Graham
    Participant

Hi all.

When testing the product download using either Paypal live or Paypal Sandbox, I am not getting any product download email being received, only the purchase receipt.

Has anyone else experienced this, and how did you overcome it ?

My Papal is used to serve products from other websites I have, and they all work fine.

I have trawled through the forums here and also WooCommerce forums and documentation but cannot find any answers so far.

Is it the Symbiostock Plugin that deals with the product delivery, or the WooCommerce plugin that comes seperately ?

Any assitance would be good.

Many thanks!

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Symbiostock deals with product delivery after they click on the download link in the email. Symbiostock does not get involved in the sending of the email, or the receiving of the PayPal IPN. Therefore, if no emails are being sent, it is likely WooCommerce or PayPal.

If you’ve done a live PayPal test and it is still not working, I’m not sure what to suggest. Make sure your test install isn’t behind a protected directory, perhaps.

Profile photo of Graham
    Graham
    Participant

Many thanks Robin – I will investigate as per your suggestions.

Profile photo of Ronald
    Ronald
    Participant

Hi Graham,

Did you solve this issue? Thanks for commenting

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Another thing to do is check your order notes – sometimes, if you don’t have the correct paypal receiving email in WooCommerce it will pause the payment because it does not match what PayPal sent in the IPN.

Profile photo of Vortex
    Vortex
    Participant

Hi,

No, I could not get it to work with the PayPal sandbox.

Basically, because the sandbox does not send emails externally, WooCommerce queued the “test purchase” as “Pending” which required a manual acceptance of the order to be able to release the download email.

I reverted to testing using “Live” paypal (using a friends PayPal account).  I reset the price of one of the Licences to £0.01p, did the test purchase and then refunded afterwards (this stops Paypal charging the 1p as a fee).

It’s the Paypal sandbox that is the issue, not Symbiostock or WooCommerce.

Site is now up and live – marketing time now! (http://www.StockImagesPortal.com)

Kind Regards

Graham

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.