Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

I’ve mentioned it before, I’m not receiving the plugin notifications for Symbiostock within the WP admin area.
    I know I can manually download the newest version from wordpress.org and then upload it but that’s a little PITA. I believe the latest version I’ve installed with the WP updater after notification was 2.1.12.

Does anybody else have this problem or is it just me?

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

And me – I upgraded to the .15 release yesterday. Is it showing as a different color as though there is an update but it isn’t showing it? Mine did that for a while yesterday.

Steve

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

The update system is not Symbiostock specific so it should probably have nothing to do with that. Any other plugins having that issue? Sure you didn’t add a function somewhere that prevents update notifications?

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Hmm, I only added the WP core auto update removal function.

But I don’t see a WooCommerce update notification either and I’m still on 2.4.12.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Ah, well then it definitely has nothing to do with Symbiostock. It’s extremely easy to disable notifications – it’s just one hook. So it’s possible a plugin has done that or you did that some time ago and don’t remember. Might be tough to locate though.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Sorry, I’m an idiot.

I had a plugin “Easy Update Manager” installed that manages which update notifications appear and which automatic updates are executed etc. When I did this I wanted to disable the WooCommerce update reminders and the automatic WP core updates.
    I must have have gotten distracted after installation of this plugin because I didn’t fine tune the settings and I actually totally forgot about the plugin.

Anyway, plugin settings have been tuned now and everything works as it should be. Sorry for keeping y’all busy with my stupidity.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

All good. WordPress is kind of unstable in the sense that any plugin can access any aspect of any other plugin and it’s not clear what is doing what.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.