Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

after installing the latet versions, my home page is gone, replaced by the blank auto-home page — how do I get the old home page back? I set that page to ‘home’ but still get the other page

plus, my other pages now have a sidebar I didn’t create — with archive, admin etc:
    eg http://cascoly-images.com/pix/image-collections-cascoly/

this happens whether I have the child theme activated or not

Profile photo of shotupdave
    shotupdave
    Participant

what version did this happen under?

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

3.2.9 / 1.5.1

tried deactivating plugins, activating child theme (w no changes to it), etc

also even before I had updated, the batch editor stopped returning any results for searches — still the case – tried suggestions in another thread for this, but still no response

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

there’s a trap for the unwary in the home page generator — if you create a page, run the generator, filling in your blank page, and save it, all is well.

BUT if you later decide to edit it, it shows the home page you had created, but if you save, it’s saved under the name of the first page in your drop down list (which happened to be my EULA page). it’s easy to just scroll past that dropdown box, since the text you want to edit is showing — you don’t realize you’re editing/saving a different page!

this may be the cause of several strange problems reported:

it should either FORCE you to choose a page, or it should bring up the last home page for both title AND contents

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

This bug has been around for a long time. I helped a site owner who was struggling with this months ago. The only workaround I could find was to make sure that the name of the page you used for your home page was first in the list alphabetically (in his case it was otherwise the cart page and all sorts of messed up stuff results.

The other work around I offered was to skip the home page generator 🙂

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

@joannsnover wrote:

This bug has been around for a long time. I helped a site owner who was struggling with this months ago. The only workaround I could find was to make sure that the name of the page you used for your home page was first in the list alphabetically (in his case it was otherwise the cart page and all sorts of messed up stuff results.

The other work around I offered was to skip the home page generator 🙂

right, I’d been avoiding the home page generator but plan to use it for the co-op sites.

I didn’t have this on the bug list previously

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.