Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

I notice that there is a new version of WooCommerce available (2.4.1). I’m on 2.3.13. It mentions that it is a major release and that the site should be backed up before updating. Has anyone tried this version?

Steve

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

I just tried a couple of things out – looks like there may be some issues so it is recommended you not upgrade WooCommerce yet.

None of the WooCommerce changes are critical so there is no tangible benefit to do it. It is good you asked though – never upgrade WooCommerce on a live site until you check here because Symbiostock works very closely with it, and we have no way of knowing what they are going to do that may impact performance.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

After looking into it, looks like WooCommerce itself is bugged:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/variable-prices-coming-up-free-after-upgrade-to-24/page/2

At this point, I think it is likely we will fork all future Symbiostock development through standardized WooCommerce versions, host it on Symbiostock with the update notice disabled, and no longer offer immediate upgrades to WooCommerce releases. It is too troublesome to have to warn users not to upgrade when the third party engine is bugged.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.