Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Russell
    Russell
    Participant

@jsfoto wrote:

@russell wrote:

Oh and by the way, every time one of you (or me) registers, my Cart Manager plugin gets deactivated.

Is it because it was Halloween yesterday?

No, it is deactivated all the time on my site … it works when I activate it, but is deactivated as soon as I logout. Seems to be an old bug, Leo hasn’t fixed yet.

Thanks Jochen.

I’ve just tried yet another combination and can’t login. But I guess if everyone else can, I shouldn’t be too worried. Odd though.

Profile photo of ajt
    ajt
    Participant

@russell wrote:

Just had an email that Andrzej’s registered too (ajt) – let’s see what happens.

Thanks to all for helping me with this, btw.

Everything ok 🙂
    And my cart plugin is active all the time (I had two registrations yesterday).

Profile photo of Russell
    Russell
    Participant

@jsfoto wrote:

@russell wrote:

@jsfoto wrote:

That was me, I tried it with correct and incorrect username/password … when using the correct credentials everything worked perfect 🙂

Bizarre. Your IP is blocked!

No, it isn’t if you use Wordfence. Sorry when I deranged you with that, but it’s the same on my site. When a user tries to log in three times with wrong credentials the IP is blocked for a while. Be assured from my point of view, everything is working like it should on your site.

Yes, I’ve set it up that way too. I’m just going to try and get myself this IP address locked out for 10 minutes to see what Wordfence is doing.

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

Just tried again (with correct credentials) … everything is perfect. Perhaps you should try it from a second computer.

Profile photo of Russell
    Russell
    Participant

Well Wordfence is reporting no IP blocking* but if I try to login using my admin account from this IP address, I’m blocked.

*3G so different IP address

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

I just tried again with a different address and got as far as the payment page with no problems.

Logged out and then in again with my chosen password. The only thing that I would say is that your blurb on the download page is a bit big and distracting (and is now out of date with the autogenerated password). Why not put the text on the side of the page instead of above the download pay/download area so clients can find it immediately ? (I then wondered why yours and mine were different in this regard, I am using the Customer template for the customer page)

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of Russell
    Russell
    Participant

@jsfoto wrote:

Just tried again (with correct credentials) … everything is perfect. Perhaps you should try it from a second computer.

Yes, I’ve done that already. And different browsers…

Profile photo of Russell
    Russell
    Participant

@christine wrote:

I just tried again with a different address and got as far as the payment page with no problems.

Logged out and then in again with my chosen password. The only thing that I would say is that your blurb on the download page is a bit big and distracting (and is now out of date with the autogenerated password). Why not put the text on the side of the page instead of above the download pay/download area so clients can find it immediately ? (I then wondered why yours and mine were different in this regard, I am using the Customer template for the customer page)

Thanks Christine – yes I agree, I haven’t got round to editing that page yet, nor my acceptance and thank you emails.

I’ve had a few other problems with the site that needed sorting out first… 😉

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

@christine wrote:

I agree, first time I saw the page I thought I’m not where I should be, because I couldn’t see the chosen image and the pay now button.

Christine
    Participant

Russell, try sending me one of your “extra” accounts with login details and I will see if it works for me ?

Profile photo of Russell
    Russell
    Participant

@ajt wrote:

@russell wrote:

Just had an email that Andrzej’s registered too (ajt) – let’s see what happens.

Thanks to all for helping me with this, btw.

Everything ok 🙂
    And my cart plugin is active all the time (I had two registrations yesterday).

Thanks Andrzej!

Profile photo of Russell
    Russell
    Participant

@christine wrote:

Russell, try sending me one of your “extra” accounts with login details and I will see if it works for me ?

YHM

Profile photo of Russell
    Russell
    Participant

@jsfoto wrote:

@christine wrote:

I agree, first time I saw the page I thought I’m not where I should be, because I couldn’t see the chosen image and the pay now button.

Yes it’s the original Symbio page template and I agree, my page needs a major overhaul.

Christine
    Participant

No, cannot log in with those details – it just reverts to my “real” login name. Just a thought, if you are on 2.9.4 why are you getting an auto-generated password instead of one you choose?

Profile photo of Russell
    Russell
    Participant

@christine wrote:

No, cannot log in with those details – it just reverts to my “real” login name. Just a thought, if you are on 2.9.4 why are you getting an auto-generated password instead of one you choose?

I’ll preface this post by giving you all permission to rip off one of my arms and hit me over the head with the soggy end. Repeatedly. For as long as you like.

If I register from the “Login” page i.e. the WP-Admin page, I cannot set my own password and the randomly generated password doesn’t work. But no potential buyer’s going to do that are they?

They’re going to use the “Login/Register” button on my Homepage. And if I set up a dummy account from there with my own password, everything’s (almost-but-not-quite) hunky-dory.

I’m going to sit in the naughty corner. Sorry for sending you all on a wild goose chase.

But my Cart Manager’s still broken though. And Andrzej’s IP address was blocked, according to my site.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.