Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Russell
    Russell
    Participant

WP 3.7
    Symbio 2.9.3 (–>2.9.4 just now)
    Dragonfly Child Theme
    PHP 5.3 (Single)

I’ve tried testing my New User Registration process with a dummy account and have hit a few problems.

The registration email is instantaneous which is great. If I hit the “login” link in the email, I’m taken to the Customer page but in spite of me having the “Show WP Toolbar” option checked, there’s no toolbar visible. This means that the New User cannot change their password.

And here’s where the real problems begin. If the New User logs out and later tries to login using the generated password in the email, the credentials are not recognised. This happens whether the password is copied and pasted from the email or typed in manually.

I don’t have a New User approval system in place so it’s not that.

Please can someone try and set up a test account on my site and see if this is reproducible please?

http:stockphotology.com

Thanks,

Russell

Profile photo of Russell
    Russell
    Participant

I have read the “auto-login no email verification” thread in the Development sub-forum, btw.

Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

I just registered on your site, then logged out, and was able to log back into the site again using the PW that I specified when I registered. It all happened quickly and easily, without problems or delays.

I’m not sure if that answers your question or not, but it is how your system worked for me.

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

I am already registered.

Logged in and out with existing password – no problem
    Tried to log in with incorrect password and then told it I had forgotten password and it took me to a page that would send me a link so again no problem (I did not continue with this as I did not want to mess up existing password).

Not sure what your problem is ?

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

I can confirm this … everything works like it should on your site … registration, logout, login, choosing image, forwarded to paypal … I didn’t pay, but everything seems fine from my point of view.

Profile photo of Russell
    Russell
    Participant

Thanks Martha – but I’ve just had an email notification that someone else couldn’t and their IP address was blocked for too many failed attempts. I didn’t have an email that you’d successfully registered though. On the other hand, I did get a “new user registration” email confirmation the user who failed to login (thanks for trying, testflashstock!)

A thought – the generated password tends to include lots of special characters. Depending on whether you’re Mac, Windows, or Linux, these all map differently on keyboards don’t they? Could that be an issue?

Profile photo of Russell
    Russell
    Participant

@jsfoto wrote:

I can confirm this … everything works like it should on your site … registration, logout, login, choosing image, forwarded to paypal … I didn’t pay, but everything seems fine from my point of view.

What on Earth’s going on then, Jochen? I’ve just had an email telling me that you’d been IP blocked!

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

@russell wrote:

but I’ve just had an email notification that someone else couldn’t and their IP address was blocked for too many failed attempts. I didn’t have an email that you’d successfully registered though. On the other hand, I did get a “new user registration” email confirmation the user who failed to login (thanks for trying, testflashstock!)

That was me, I tried it with correct and incorrect username/password … when using the correct credentials everything worked perfect 🙂

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

In 2.9.4 the user chooses their own password, it is not automatically generated.

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of Russell
    Russell
    Participant

Just had an email that Andrzej’s registered too (ajt) – let’s see what happens.

Thanks to all for helping me with this, btw.

Profile photo of Russell
    Russell
    Participant

@jsfoto wrote:

@russell wrote:

but I’ve just had an email notification that someone else couldn’t and their IP address was blocked for too many failed attempts. I didn’t have an email that you’d successfully registered though. On the other hand, I did get a “new user registration” email confirmation the user who failed to login (thanks for trying, testflashstock!)

That was me, I tried it with correct and incorrect username/password … when using the correct credentials everything worked perfect 🙂

Bizarre. Your IP is blocked!

Profile photo of Russell
    Russell
    Participant

@christine wrote:

In 2.9.4 the user chooses their own password, it is not automatically generated.

Only if you do it before purchasing an image (for me anyway).

If you just click the login/register button, you get an email with a randomly generated password. For me, this password doesn’t work. I’ve tried different usernames and different email addresses. Every time I’m unable to login as a new registrant.

Profile photo of Russell
    Russell
    Participant

Oh and by the way, every time one of you (or me) registers, my Cart Manager plugin gets deactivated.

Is it because it was Halloween yesterday?

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

@russell wrote:

@jsfoto wrote:

@russell wrote:

Bizarre. Your IP is blocked!

No, it isn’t if you use Wordfence. Sorry when I deranged you with that, but it’s the same on my site. When a user tries to log in three times with wrong credentials the IP is blocked for a while. Be assured from my point of view, everything is working like it should on your site.

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

@russell wrote:

Oh and by the way, every time one of you (or me) registers, my Cart Manager plugin gets deactivated.

Is it because it was Halloween yesterday?

No, it is deactivated all the time on my site … it works when I activate it, but is deactivated as soon as I logout. Seems to be an old bug, Leo hasn’t fixed yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.