Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ivonnewierink
    ivonnewierink
    Participant

Hi,
    I have choosen for the dragonfly child, but I am not sure if i like the black color. My slideshow is with a black background, and my thumbnails are surround by a black frame. Then, is it possible to have the images categories in a dropdown-menu?

Can I change that (otherwise I think I have to choose an other child-theme)

And an other question, there is no preview at my images, will that take more time? I uploaded them several hours ago
    My domain is : http://www.worldstockimages.com

Sorry for al these questions, it’s my first Symbio-day.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I’m using Dragonfly and the Slate variant but if you look at my site it’s all gray on white. You can see the CSS changes I made for the look I have in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=390&start=15#p10507

Regarding the previews, they are instant if things are working OK. Are you using ImageMagick for image processing? In the WP admin panel, go to Process Images and at the top it will say GD or ImageMagick.

See here for setup assistance on server resources and image processing library (more can be found if you click Wiki above):

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1129&hilit=previews

ivonnewierink
    Participant

Yes, I like your site, crispy and clear. That’s what I want, but I have not the technical skills to change directly in the source. I had understand this dragonfly was for dummies, and I am 😳
    also, my English is not good enough for reading and understanding that large pages, that’s also a problem. So, it’s a struggle to me.

Making photographs is much more easy, my portfolio is 25.000 images large, so before I start uploading, I want to be sure that the site is what I want.

Thanks for your help, I struggle further, I think maybe dragonfly is not the best choiche for me.

Profile photo of Chromaco
    Chromaco
    Participant

Try playing with the options in the Appearance section. That is what I did. Try something and see if you like it. If not go back. I think you can get something you like without having to do any special coding. It might take a while but once you understand what the various things do you will be able to get there. It will probably take a few hours of trial and error but you will get there. Change your background color and your link color etc. Find a color scheme you like and then go back and adjust your personal logos and slider to match. If you do the images last it will be much easier for you.

Here’s a tip. Don’t forget about the widgets, and adjusting your menus, they will dramatically affect how your site looks.
    Good luck.

Profile photo of sandorgora
    sandorgora
    Participant

hi Ivonne, nice to see you here! 😀
    it was your post on the NikonClub forum and after reading your blogs about stock, that I started with it.
    good to have you on SYS and good luck with building your site!

ha Ivonne, leuk je hier te zien! 😀
    door jouw bericht op het NCN forum en na je blogs gelezen te hebben, ben ik begonnen met stock.
    goed dat je nu ook hier op SYS begint en succes met het bouwen van je website.

ivonnewierink
    Participant

@chromaco wrote:

Try playing with the options in the Appearance section. That is what I did. Try something and see if you like it. If not go back. I think you can get something you like without having to do any special coding. It might take a while but once you understand what the various things do you will be able to get there. It will probably take a few hours of trial and error but you will get there. Change your background color and your link color etc. Find a color scheme you like and then go back and adjust your personal logos and slider to match. If you do the images last it will be much easier for you.

Here’s a tip. Don’t forget about the widgets, and adjusting your menus, they will dramatically affect how your site looks.
    Good luck.

Thank you. Actually, I did already with the options in the appearance section, but that is not enough 😥

ivonnewierink
    Participant

@sandorgora wrote:

hi Ivonne, nice to see you here! 😀
    it was your post on the NikonClub forum and after reading your blogs about stock, that I started with it.
    good to have you on SYS and good luck with building your site!

ha Ivonne, leuk je hier te zien! 😀
    door jouw bericht op het NCN forum en na je blogs gelezen te hebben, ben ik begonnen met stock.
    goed dat je nu ook hier op SYS begint en succes met het bouwen van je website.

I am glad to hear that my “spread the word about stockphotography” is goiing well 😉
    Are you selling your images well?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.