Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of innerstock
    innerstock
    Participant

Goggle Pagespeed Insights is giving me a lot of suggestions to better my site like eliminate render blocking javascript and CSS. Optimize images and my site have leverage browser caching.
    http://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=innerstock.com
    The problem is I don’t have any clue how to do this in practice.
    What to do?

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I’m not sure whether all these suggestions make sense for a Symbiostock image site, but just for reference, here’s what it has to say about mine (which is similar)

http://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=digitalbristles.com

In the case of the minipic images, possibly they could be more compressed and still look good?

Bottom line for me is that there’s no point in my site being fast if it’s a boring page of plain text – it has to have great looking images up front, IMO. So if that means a less than optimal load speed from Google’s point of view, I think that’s a reasonable trade off.

I don’t really understand what they mean about “blocking javascript” and whether there are any options other than removing javascript, which isn’t practical.

Profile photo of innerstock
    innerstock
    Participant

Thanks so much for reply jsnover 🙂
    I totally agree our sites have to be attractive. (I am still working with that)
    On the other hand one could lose customers because of a slow site. I know with myself, if a webpage use long time to load I lose my patience and find another website.

I have checked some of the other symbiostock sites, and they got green buttons in all the tests from Goggle PageSpeed. Perhaps one of these sites have any advice to give?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.