Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Snap Vectors
    Snap Vectors
    Participant

Hello everyone! My name is Nate, and I’m very excited to join the Symbiostock family! My new site is at SnapVectors.com.

A little about me… I’m a graphic designer, and having been doing stock vectors and illustrations since 2006. I started out just doing them for fun and to have credit to buy photos, but it has turned into a big part of my income.

Colin and Linda from picturemojo.co.nz have helped me get my site designed. I only have a few of my vectors up on my site so far, and am trying to add them quickly. It is a time consuming process as you all know. I have about 2000 vectors in my portfolio, so it is going to take awhile. 🙂

I would love any feedback on how I can improve my site!

Thanks,
    Nate

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

Hi again!

I took a quick look at your site and things are looking good – although as you say you need some more of your portfolio up.

Couple of comments. I think it’s worth saying what version of eps you’re offering (8 or 10 or…) as it might matter to some buyers.

This text was on one of the image pages I looked at and it wasn’t clear to me what it meant:

“The swatch is included for easily creating large fills and changing the colors with vector editing software.”

As you’re offering both JPEG and EPS, you need to be extra clear about which radio button to select if you’re going to talk about what’s included. In particular so you don’t get someone unhappy that there was no vector when they bought a small JPEG 🙂

I also think you might want to make your watermark a little larger – it’d be so easy to remove the X and the small SNAP VECTORS. I do think it’s important not to have the watermark be too in-your-face – buyers can’t really see what they’re buying. But if there’s subtle “stuff” over more of the surface it really discourages people from lifting it.

Last thought is whether it makes sense to sell JPEGs of the multi-pattern seamless, like this one

http://snapvectors.com/image/vector-hand-drawn-flower-pattern/

I stock had rules about the EPS had to match the JPEG preview, and perhaps that’s why you did the preview this way, but doesn’t that make more sense for a vector sale than a JPEG?

Anyway, just my 2cents in case it’s helpful

Snap Vectors
    Participant

Jo Ann,

Perfect! Thanks for those great suggestions and feedback. That is just what I’m looking for, especially the vector-specific comments. Thank you for thinking of my pages/images from the buyer’s perspective. That is so critical.

For my watermark, I’m thinking about putting my name “Snap Vectors” three times vertically. The same size it is now, just add it on top and the bottom. I’ll keep testing.

It hadn’t even crossed my mind to not offer jpg’s on some of my files. It DOES make sense to only offer .eps on some of them.

Thanks!
    Nate

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

@Snap Vectors wrote:

Hello everyone! My name is Nate, and I’m very excited to join the Symbiostock family! My new site is at SnapVectors.com.

A little about me… I’m a graphic designer, and having been doing stock vectors and illustrations since 2006. I started out just doing them for fun and to have credit to buy photos, but it has turned into a big part of my income.

Colin and Linda from picturemojo.co.nz have helped me get my site designed. I only have a few of my vectors up on my site so far, and am trying to add them quickly. It is a time consuming process as you all know. I have about 2000 vectors in my portfolio, so it is going to take awhile. 🙂

I would love any feedback on how I can improve my site!

Thanks,
    Nate

I’ve added you to the global search at http://symbiostock-search.com
    You can find other sites by specialty at
    http://cascoly.com/symbio/list.asp?list=72

Snap Vectors
    Participant

Thanks cascoly!

Profile photo of Chromaco
    Chromaco
    Participant

I have a couple of spots left. Adding you now.
    Dennis

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.