Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of hans slegers
    hans slegers
    Participant

Is it possible to make a bilingual image title, description and keywords. Like this Construction worker | Bouwvakker( dutch)
    Will google accept this and the most important does it work ?
    Same with keywords and description.
    I did some testing a few days ago but the results don, t point in one direction.
    Anyone experience with this? I think it is important that people can find the image . English as language on the sit itself is most off the time not a big problem. But what about google?

Profile photo of sandorgora
    sandorgora
    Participant

doing the same here, not consequent, because it’s a lot of work….

hans slegers
    Participant

I know you are doing this Sandor thank you , but I am hoping on some more input because someone told it is not wise to use two languages on the same page because of google. Is this thrue?
    As I said before . The only important thing is the image should be found in google. And many people search in their mothers language and most of us have many typical images from our home country’s. Searching on the site itself in english is not a major problem imo.
    Some more experience please ( german, french, spanish, etc )or technical advise is welcome .

Profile photo of sandorgora
    sandorgora
    Participant

it works in google:

EDIT: now a screensnap of Google of an image where title, description and keywords are both English and Dutch
    (the more specific keywords I type, the higher the link is)

@Hans: here is a PDF with the image info, so you can see where what is on the Edit Image page in SYS
    http://www.gora.nl/Symbiostock_forumpics/140118%20SYS%20-%20voorbeeld%20Dutch%20fireworks.pdf

hans slegers
    Participant

Sandor , That’s interesting research!! The search result in google appeared only on those keywords.That,s very nice. You didn’t use the dutch words in title and description and meta description, did you?
    In the snippet view you attached ,there are keywords below the green description. In my snippets there is a description not keywords . Do you put keywords in the meta field?

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

I think multi lingual titles & keywords are asking for trouble — we have a few sym sites that are using non-English keywords, but they’re not going to be getting any networking in either direction; and how many users are going to use non-English keywords unless the site itself is in German, Tagalog, etc?

automatic translating for titles and esc may work, but it will be difficult for keywords, since there’s no context

Profile photo of marquix
    marquix
    Participant

correct — for multi-lingual, it might be a better idea to separate stuff into separate WP installs (i e separate Symbiostock installs) altogether. Even with WP-multilingual, WP does not do such a good job with different language versions and switching (and I don’t even think that Symbiostock would support WP-multilingual setups anyway?). osCommerce and a few other CMS are doing a far better job there — still WP is the overall winner because of its other features, popularity, and the fact that Symbiostock and packages such as wooCommerce and tons of others are based on WP.

AP/V camera guy; view this, if you're a drone video nerd, too..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.