Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

You probably know that Symbiostock is stopping hosting at the end of this year. I was one of the clients and needed somewhere to move to and chose Inmotion Hosting. I wrote about my experiences on my blog, and I must admit, in retrospect, I made things hard for myself by choosing a business hosting package and migrating to that, then finding that I was being limited in processor load and it didnt fully support the entire Imagick suite and so I moved to a VPS package. Those intermediate steps made the whole thing pretty complex and I’m sure if I had chosen the VPS package from the start, everything would have been fine.

I’m happy now with both performance and the support of the team. They loaded the full Imagick package without any issues and have helped me with the creation of separate accounts and cPanels for each of my websites to improve security.

If you are thinking of signing up for Inmotion, I do have an affiliate link for them. Every bit helps!

Steve

Profile photo of Jacob F
    Jacob F
    Participant

Hey mate are you using the vendor plugin at all?

Profile photo of Hebstreit
    Hebstreit
    Participant

I did not know that Symbiostock will finish the hosting by the end of this year. But I think VPS hosting – even if it means a lot of work – is the best solution because the system scales smoothly and can therefore be controlled for any website size. Thanks for your experience, Steve.

@jacob F: I do not use the vendor plugin because I’m legally unsure to control the contributions of users.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

No – I just have a personal Symbiostock site. Not the vendor plugin

Steve

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.