Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jean
    jean
    Participant

I’m trying to migrate on the new engine and have downloaded the files needed

Next step is so

<span style=”color: #383838; font-family: ‘Open Sans’, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;”>”In order to use this, you will need to install it on your legacy install and on your new install. If they are both on the same server, then you only have to install it there.”</span>

and I’m already lost. Can someone tell me what this mean in practise?

How do I install on my legacy install? (have no clue what a legacy  or legacy install is by the way….)

Thanks….

jean

Profile photo of George Sheldon
    George Sheldon
    Participant

Jean,

Are you starting with a new install of the plugin or do you have the old plugin installed on your WordPress site?

George

Profile photo of jean
    jean
    Participant

George

<span style=”color: #272727; font-family: ‘Open Sans’, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 28.8px;”>I have the old plugin installed on your WordPress site</span>

jean

George Sheldon
    Participant

Jean,

Then you have what is called a legacy site – you have an older or legacy installation.

George

Profile photo of jean
    jean
    Participant

Thank you George, but still I have no clue how I “install it on my legacy install”

I have try to see anything that would look like such an option, but failed….

Jean

George Sheldon
    Participant

Jean,

Hopefully someone else will answer you – I started from scratch and not with the previous plugin. So I do not have any experience with what you are asking.

George

Profile photo of jean
    jean
    Participant

Thank you George, it was kind of you!

Yes lets hope I will have input! I feel a bit stupid when confronted to such situation!

best wishes

Jean

Profile photo of jean
    jean
    Participant

Is there a way to pay to get things done as I have now used quite a lot of time to find myself what to do and I have obviously not the competency to make the migration myself, as dont get the meaning of the basic instructions.

Thanks for any help!

Jean

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.