Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GlobePhotos
    GlobePhotos
    Participant

A couple of days ago I’ve uploaded my first bundle of photos on my new Symbiostock Plus site. I see the files in ftp, but they are still not listed in Symbiostock/Media. There is also no “Process now” link under Symbiostock/Settings, as suggested in documentation. How can I see if the processor is running or how can I start it manually?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Globe Photos – the Symbiostock PLUS service is being retired – if you are a current customer, you will have to find an alternative hosting solution and we can migrate your stuff over there. If you haven’t already got stuff in your system, then it will be much easier.

The PLUS system is no longer processing new media and this is why your images are not showing.

GlobePhotos
    Participant

I signed up to PLUS in November 2015 (1 year subscription) and have by now got the common structure and look (logos, fonts, categories etc), no media uploaded. I will get another hosting very soon (should I choose a dedicated WordPress hosting?). What are the next steps to migrate existing project?

GlobePhotos
    Participant

I see there is an Export/Import option in Symbiostock Express, so this part is quite clear. Can I also get access to the media library (logos, sliders) in the same way or should I simply reupload them on the new site?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Whatever is easier for you – as the migration is quite intensive it would be preferable for us if you could do it yourself if you don’t have a huge amount of customization already in place.

As for the hosting, I would shy away from dedicated wordpress hosting; go for a normal hosting account and install wordpress yourself so you retain control.

Just use this thread as a starting point:

http://www.symbiostock.org/forums/topic/hosting-recommendations/

Profile photo of Valentin Tabirca
    Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

Hi,

I have the same problem specified in the first post. I have Symbiostock hosting. The files just stay there and no processing.

Can you help me?  icons4web.com

Thank you.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Valentin,

Under the Installation guide for Symbiostock Hosting:

http://www.symbiostock.com/setup-installation-guide

scroll down to Install Symbiostock and then go to #8. This will assist you in getting the cron job running so that your store’s engine gets going.

Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

Hi,

I did that. When I run manually I get this:

Memory at Start: 38M
    Load at Start: 2M
    0 new/updated images/videos parsed
    0 thumbnails re/generated
    Memory at End: 38M
    Memory Peak: 39M
    Load at End: 2M
    Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Valentin,

Have you added the processor to your cron job in cPanel?

Are you sure you’ve uploaded files to the correct place for uploads? Can you try using the web uploader on the media upload page?

There is no reason why it should not be working.

Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

Have you added the processor to your cron job in cPanel?

I did.
    Are you sure you’ve uploaded files to the correct place for uploads?

What do you mean correct place? When I connect to ftp I cannot see any folders or anything. I just upload there. I can see the files uploaded there.

Can you try using the web uploader on the media upload page?

It works like this.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

If it works when you upload via the browser, and not via ftp, that means you’re not uploading your files to the correct location via FTP. On the ‘Upload Media’ page you should see the location of where the files are supposed to be uploaded.

Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

So, should I create this path using New directory in Filezilla or should I already see it created? It is not clear.

Thank you.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

It should already be there. IMO it should be in:

/public_html/wp-content/uploads/ss_media/new

You should definitely not manually create it. Just look around once you FTP in and you should be able to find it.

Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

Hi,

I was connecting with the wrong user.

Now I see everything.

Thank you so much for your help.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

No worries! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.