Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Natalia
    Natalia
    Participant

Hello,

I am a newbie here. Therefore, probably, I am not very well-oriented among various topics created so far. Hope that I do not start yet another annoying and repetitive topic.

I would like to ask, if Symbiostock supports or is supposed to support the following functionalitites:

1. A special discount for a newly registered user (who hasn’t bought anything yet). This discount should be available for a certain period of time and/or for a certain group of pictures.
    2. A discount coupon for a certain period of time and/or for a certain group of pictures.
    3. When the buyer is ready to press button pay, it would be nice to add an option of upsell, i.e. to offer pictures similar to the chosen ones.
    4. For this purpose, any picture icon should comprise not only a zoom button, but also an “add to cart” button (I wrote this suggestion somewhere, do not see yet).
    5. Affiliation program, if I would like to launch a “world of mouth” among my registered users. With customization of affiliation %.
    6. Subscription model. Yes, buyers like it a lot. Namely, it will be very nice for a buyer to have a possibility to buy some credits, or subscription plan, or simply some money (like @ peopleimages.com)
    7. W.r.t. issue 5, affiliation among contacts in my symbiostock network. In other words, if there is a link “search network” (or similar, as I have seen), then this link should bring me some commission in case my customer decides to buy from my network. What do you think?
    8. Even more, to show similar pictures from the network in the same manner as my similar pictures are shown + to make possible for a buyer to add pictures from symbiostock network directly to a cart at my site (with a corresponding calculation of affiliation commissions).
    9. Customize prices for a certain group of pictures, e.g., premium collection.

Will add later if I catch some other ideas.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

@natalia wrote:

….
    1. A special discount for a newly registered user (who hasn’t bought anything yet). This discount should be available for a certain period of time and/or for a certain group of pictures.
    2. A discount coupon for a certain period of time and/or for a certain group of pictures.
    3. When the buyer is ready to press button pay, it would be nice to add an option of upsell, i.e. to offer pictures similar to the chosen ones.
    4. For this purpose, any picture icon should comprise not only a zoom button, but also an “add to cart” button (I wrote this suggestion somewhere, do not see yet).
    5. Affiliation program, if I would like to launch a “world of mouth” among my registered users. With customization of affiliation %.
    6. Subscription model. Yes, buyers like it a lot. Namely, it will be very nice for a buyer to have a possibility to buy some credits, or subscription plan, or simply some money (like @ peopleimages.com)
    7. W.r.t. issue 5, affiliation among contacts in my symbiostock network. In other words, if there is a link “search network” (or similar, as I have seen), then this link should bring me some commission in case my customer decides to buy from my network. What do you think?
    8. Even more, to show similar pictures from the network in the same manner as my similar pictures are shown + to make possible for a buyer to add pictures from symbiostock network directly to a cart at my site (with a corresponding calculation of affiliation commissions).
    9. Customize prices for a certain group of pictures, e.g., premium collection.

the pro version lets you create collections.

for most of the other suggestions, you could do this yourself by creating pages describing your policies, but there’s no direct way to do subscriptions, etc

rather than affiliates & the assoc’d bookkeeping, sym relies on its networking to show similar – so you may not directly benefit when you send someone to another sym site, but all those sites are also advertising and displaying your images

Profile photo of Natalia
    Natalia
    Participant

Stupid question: where can I find a pro-plugin?

Another very important issue that was not published among my approved post (wrote before this topic was created). This issue is related to “cart” functionality. It is very desirable to make “add to cart” for every image in search result, for every image preview. And more over, it is highly desirable to permit a buyer to change a size of a selected image at the page of check out. For example, the latter is implemented in fotolia.

I am sure that this will improve sales a lot.

Profile photo of Natalia
    Natalia
    Participant

Another set of marketing-related features that have come to my mind:

10. Statistics on every buyer: how many transactions, total amount of money spent, average money per transaction. How long a buyer hasn’t bought anything. These are extremely important KPIs.
    General statistics: how many transactions per buyer, total amount of money spent, average amount of money per transaction.
    11. Integration with some mailing services like getresponse or mailchimp: any registered user is transferred to a mailing list. As soon as user decides to unsubscribe, (s)he becomes eliminated also from registered users. Yet the latter is not actually needed.
    12. If you like the idea of integration, then it would be nice to have a possibility to select certain users, e.g. if they brought me more than $1000, and send them an e-mail offer, to those who is still subscribed in mailing service.

Well, I admit that these features is a sort of CRM functionality. From my view point, as well as from a view point of many entrepreneurs, we do not have marketing if we do not have relations with customer. In addition, CRM part would add more value to pro-plugin.

Profile photo of Natalia
    Natalia
    Participant
    Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

Hi Natalia and welcome to Symbiostock

Constructive ideas and comments are always welcome

The Professional/Premium upgrade plug-in is available from
    http://www.symbiostock.com/products-page/upgrades-and-plugins/premium-upgrade/
    and provides for various licensing options, twitter integration, collections, batch editing etc.

Discounts – you can provide across the board discounts for all or some of your images but not, currently, for specific people. If you wished you could offer a discount in the welcome email that goes out automatically and do a PP partial refund or using the cart you can allow downloading of an image for free – say they purchase 4 large images and you will give them a fifth free but they would, I think need to add it to their cart separately after paying for the others.

Commission from network – would be very complicated, would it go to the person whose site they originally landed on, the one before the purchase. I think the networking where we all freely choose to interlink with each other is good.

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of Natalia
    Natalia
    Participant

Agree on free networking among symbiostock holders. However, if I have a set of registered users and I would like to involve them into the life of my shop, I would offer them some affiliation program. The world of mouth is one of the most powerful marketing technologies, if not the most one. So if there is a mean to encourage and enforce it, it would help a lot in driving more traffic to the site.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

@natalia wrote:

Stupid question: where can I find a pro-plugin?

Another very important issue that was not published among my approved post (wrote before this topic was created). This issue is related to “cart” functionality. It is very desirable to make “add to cart” for every image in search result, for every image preview. And more over, it is highly desirable to permit a buyer to change a size of a selected image at the page of check out. For example, the latter is implemented in fotolia.

I am sure that this will improve sales a lot.

first, I moved this thread to ‘suggestions’ where more people might see it… it may also attract d3velopers who might create a plugin to do some of these features

when you dbl-click on a search result it takes you to the image page and you automatically choose the size & add it to the cart in one step

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.