Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Good work Robin and the developing team to add link exchange widget!

I tested and created a new link exchange page in addition to my existing friends page.

http://bestcityscape.com/link-exchange/

It works great! Like the idea of short code which can be embeded in any post/pages. Hopefully more people would join the network and benefit from it. Let’s see how much it impacts google rank in the following months.

Some minor suggestions:
    1. I like the thumbnail display for each site. However, if the member does not have a cover image in Symzio, the thumbnail location is empty. Can it be replaced by a Symzio logo? Just try to keep the format good.
    2. Not sure if we can have the original aspect ratio of the cover image instead of square in thumbnail.

Profile photo of amazeindesign
    amazeindesign
    Participant

Added into my sidebar area and it looks good. Good work Robin.

Chrisroll, as of now your website is offline maybe that’s the reason you’re not included in the list.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Chris – your site is accessible via non-SSL but SSL is not working. Make sure you’ve got your hosting setup right in that regard. When a site on Symzio goes offline it does not need all its images to be reindexed unless it’s been down for a very long time.

But this is a good example of the efficiency of the widget – no dead links because Symzio will take care of checking for you.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

This widget is very cool. It has been developed with a lot of planning to create a self-sustained environment. I’m really glad to see so many users already implementing it.

Remember that you can control where it shows up, use custom CSS to make it look different, and the more you show it on your site to your visitors, the higher you will show up on other people’s lists.

The most important thing is relevant backlinks – backlinks serve to seriously boost your site in search results, and given that these results are all sourced from the backend and outputted as pure HTML (not javascript) makes them even more likely to be indexed cleanly.

You lose absolutely nothing by putting it in your global sidebar, and gain everything by doing so.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Oh, the link in your signature here on the forums points to an HTTPS link, that’s why I mentioned it.

If you are visible in the partner’s list then your images will get indexed by Symzio. I’m not sure why it got de-indexed unless your site was down for a bit.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

I’ve added mine as well. Hopefully I will now start appearing on your sites!

Steve

George,

Those info are from Symzio profile. Once you put cover photo and description to your profile, it will be displayed in link exchange widget.

Go to

My Account -> Edit Account, you can put your introduction in ‘A Short Bio’ field

Profile photo of Walt Payne
    Walt Payne
    Participant

Thanks Robin. Great job on the widget.  I have been intending to add that link page for a while,  but life happens and I just never was able to find the time. This was extremely quick and easy. I also found the answer to my question in this thread, but you might want to add it to the help, which is where the image for the link list comes from. I also agree that there should be a default, to get a consistent format. Maybe the avatar that you use here if no image is present?

Profile photo of Walt Payne
    Walt Payne
    Participant

Robin,

Another suggested tweak. I noticed that my website shows up in my widget, which really shouldn’t happen. But as I said, great job!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.