Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tom S
    Tom S
    Participant

I am trying to change my license options when a product is selected. The options when I installed consist of Blogger, Extended, and Full Size. I can’t seem to locate how these are changed. I do not see it anywhere in the Symbiostock>Licenses area. All I see there is how to delete, add, or edit the license types when it was installed.  I am using Symbiostock (not Plus, and not Express). I have searched through the WooCommerce settings and do not see anything there either. Thank you.

Profile photo of Tom S
    Tom S
    Participant

In follow-up, I have found this. The license variation can be changed on individual media items, via the license tab. I saw it work once but couldn’t replicate. Whenever I add a license variation, save changes, and update it isn’t working. The changes don’t seem to get saved. After updating and going back into the look at the variations, they are reverted back to Blogger, Extended, and Full Size. The changes are not getting saved. Also, there should be a global way to set the different license variations, rather than individually by media item I would think. Thanks.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Tom – take a look at the documentation here:

http://www.symbiostock.org/docs/category/2-media-licensing/

The three licenses you mentioned come as a default. You can edit these to whatever you’d like – rename them, change the pricing, all that. You can also create as many new ones as you want.

However, once you add, create, or change any of the licenses, they don’t apply to products automatically. You need to either re-save the products you want updated, or click on the ‘update licenses’ or ‘update prices’ checkbox on the license edit screen.

If you want a license to apply to images, you need to ensure that under the filtering section of the license edit screen you pick ‘raster’. If you want it to apply to vectors, check the associated box as well. This is basically how the licensing system works.

You should generally not edit the licensing manually by editing product variations.

Profile photo of Tom S
    Tom S
    Participant

Thanks. I read all that documentation a few times before posting however it just doesn’t provide the detail on all the various settings.

I set a couple licenses to “yes” for raster and nothing changes. I’ve also run the cron job to see if that helps.

Update. I just uploaded a fresh image and it seems to have taken the new variation so I guess I have to have these things set prior to an upload as the changes to my existing test images aren’t working.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

However, once you add, create, or change any of the licenses, they don’t apply to products automatically. You need to either re-save the products you want updated, or click on the ‘update licenses’ or ‘update prices’ checkbox on the license edit screen.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.