Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Walt Payne
    Walt Payne
    Participant

Just curious. Would it help make our sites rank better for searches on “stock”, “stock image” and “stock photo” if those were included as keywords with images … or would that be construed as spamming? They would seem to be valid keywords to me.

Profile photo of George Sheldon
    George Sheldon
    Participant

Walt,

They seem to me to be very generic words that would be worthless.  It’s like man or woman. I do, however, think you should have stock photos, stock photography and image on your site.

It may be premature to say this here, but I will.  I think it makes sense to add a stock-photography page  I’ve noticed that those photographers that rank on keyword searches against the main micro agencies all seem to have a stock-photography page.  For example if you search for something like Pennsylvania Stock Photography, you will get the results from the search engines for Shutterstock, iStock, etc., but the individual photographers that get ranked seem to have a separate stock photo or stock photography page.  I’ve been slowly working on mine – it is in draft mode on my site now.  Just an observation, for what it is worth.

I use the online keyworder tool when I get stuck for keywords. Seems to help me.

George

Profile photo of Walt Payne
    Walt Payne
    Participant

George,

Not sure if this is what you mean,  but my first page is labeled “Stock Photography Images” and named that on the menu.

And since it seemed to make sense based on what you said, I added phrasing such as “Stock images of” in front of my category name descriptions so that it shows up on the category pages.

Profile photo of George Sheldon
    George Sheldon
    Participant

Walt,

I am not sure if your approach is better or not. What I noticed is a complete separate page. But maybe what you are building will work better for SEO.  I just observed that other photographers that are selling stock get into the rankings if they have a stock-photos page.  Of course, it matters what you put on that page.

George

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.