Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Valentin Tabirca
    Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

Hi,

I have this problem, I have searched all my menus and the forum here.

My keywords, even they are 30,40, are shown as one single link and not individual links.  By clicking this link, I will see the products containing all 30-40 kw. I want individual. Please help.

Thank you.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Are you uploading them separated by commas in the Jpeg? When you look at the edit page on Symbiostock:Media for one of your images, do you see all the product tags as separate words?

Steve

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

I think Steve is onto something. I’m guessing there’s no separation (like a comma) between individual keywords in your IPTC meta data.

Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

Hi,

I uploaded them with commas and on edit -Product tags i see them as separate kw.

Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

I have found something:

If I go to edit product, do nothing and hit update they become separate. What should I do to fix that?

Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

I have made all kind of tests and I have all the errors possible:

• missing keywords (I activated force read metadata but no change)
    • partially missing keywords – meaning everything after a word is missing (actually in the middle of the word – the word was deals and I have “dea” and everything after that missing)
    • still have the initial problem – all the kw that “passes” are one big word. If I click edit and update they become separate. I cant do that for every file because I have thousands.

I use commas. All the files that I used for testing are identical , meaning I copied the metadata from excel to Irfanview. I opened all of them in Bridge for random search tests. I uploaded all of them to stock agencies and I had no problem. I can see commas in Irfanview, Bridge, Windows.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Valentin,

Can you PM me your login information and I will take a look at your files to see what’s going on. No one has ever reported issues like the ones you are experiencing so I will try to determine why it is happening.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Thanks for bringing this up Valentin. Here is the breakdown of the issue and the resolution:

1) Your media is embedding the keywords within the Subject metadata, and embedding a truncated version of it on the Keyword metadata field. Symbiostock prioritizes the Keyword field over the Subject one.

2) Secondly, your keywords are stored as strings rather than arrays, for some reason.

The fix in 3.2.4:

1) Within your Symbiostock > Settings > Media tab, you now can arbitrate which field is prioritized for the keyword field. In your case I have put Subject as the arbitrated keyword field.

2) We’ve added an additional check that converts string based embedded keywords into tags for WordPress as long as they are separated by commas.

I have uploaded a test file and confirmed it works. Please give it a go yourself and confirm.

Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you so much! I have tested with 10 files and it looks ok.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Hats off to Robin! That’s first class support.

Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

Hi,

One more question: is there any way to edit more than 20 files at once?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Top right corner: Screen Options > Number of items per page

Valentin Tabirca
    Participant
    Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

I have done a stupid mistake: I set 900 per page and the page doesn’t load anymore.

LE: it is ok now.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.