August 8, 2016 at 10:50 pm #27561
I have this problem, I have searched all my menus and the forum here.
My keywords, even they are 30,40, are shown as one single link and not individual links. By clicking this link, I will see the products containing all 30-40 kw. I want individual. Please help.
Thank you.August 8, 2016 at 11:33 pm #27562
stevehParticipantAugust 9, 2016 at 12:09 am #27564
I think Steve is onto something. I’m guessing there’s no separation (like a comma) between individual keywords in your IPTC meta data.August 9, 2016 at 5:51 pm #27583
I uploaded them with commas and on edit -Product tags i see them as separate kw.August 9, 2016 at 6:22 pm #27584
I have found something:
If I go to edit product, do nothing and hit update they become separate. What should I do to fix that?August 10, 2016 at 7:16 pm #27590
I have made all kind of tests and I have all the errors possible:
- missing keywords (I activated force read metadata but no change)
- partially missing keywords – meaning everything after a word is missing (actually in the middle of the word – the word was deals and I have “dea” and everything after that missing)
- still have the initial problem – all the kw that “passes” are one big word. If I click edit and update they become separate. I cant do that for every file because I have thousands.
I use commas. All the files that I used for testing are identical , meaning I copied the metadata from excel to Irfanview. I opened all of them in Bridge for random search tests. I uploaded all of them to stock agencies and I had no problem. I can see commas in Irfanview, Bridge, Windows.August 10, 2016 at 7:50 pm #27592August 10, 2016 at 11:18 pm #27594
Thanks for bringing this up Valentin. Here is the breakdown of the issue and the resolution:
1) Your media is embedding the keywords within the Subject metadata, and embedding a truncated version of it on the Keyword metadata field. Symbiostock prioritizes the Keyword field over the Subject one.
2) Secondly, your keywords are stored as strings rather than arrays, for some reason.
The fix in 3.2.4:
1) Within your Symbiostock > Settings > Media tab, you now can arbitrate which field is prioritized for the keyword field. In your case I have put Subject as the arbitrated keyword field.
2) We’ve added an additional check that converts string based embedded keywords into tags for WordPress as long as they are separated by commas.
I have uploaded a test file and confirmed it works. Please give it a go yourself and confirm.August 11, 2016 at 5:21 pm #27609
Thank you so much! I have tested with 10 files and it looks ok.August 11, 2016 at 9:54 pm #27618August 15, 2016 at 3:39 am #27649
One more question: is there any way to edit more than 20 files at once?August 15, 2016 at 5:26 am #27650August 15, 2016 at 6:40 am #27653August 15, 2016 at 6:52 am #27654
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.