Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

After being absent/busy for a while I made the jump today from 2.6.5 to 2.8.7.

It took me a while to get used to it and to figure out how to customize the site.
    A few things are still not clear to me and raise some questions.

The Login/Account menu, where and how can I alter the appearance and the content of it?

Right now, if you’re logged in as a customer the font/buttons are white on white background (invisible). That’s obviously not user friendly. Furthermore, also when you’re logged in, it will show the link to the customer area with the text of the author nick name from the user profile next to the shopping cart symbol.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

The first alteration you speak of can be done through CSS. Not everything is directly selectable by the Customizer. It simply gives you a general sketch and the rest can be refined via child-theming and CSS.

Regarding the second part of your question, I’m not seeing where the issue is. Can you link to an example?

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

I understand the CSS part, but where do I see which CSS class needs to be overwritten for the buttons and the text?

You can see the first and the second problem only if you’re logged in. I’ll attach a little screen shot.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Any CSS you put into the dragonfly theme *at the bottom* will take precedence over the chosen bootstrap look. So here’s the two classes directly relevant to that button:

.btn {
    -moz-user-select: none;
    border: 1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);
    border-radius: 4px 4px 4px 4px;
    cursor: pointer;
    display: inline-block;
    font-size: 14px;
    font-weight: normal;
    line-height: 1.42857;
    margin-bottom: 0;
    padding: 8px 12px;
    text-align: center;
    vertical-align: middle;
    white-space: nowrap;
    }
    .btn-default {
    background-color: #AEA79F;
    border-color: #AEA79F;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    }

Then of course there are the other classes which are used:

.btn-primary {
    background-color: #428BCA;
    border-color: #357EBD;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    }

http://getbootstrap.com/css/#buttons

I’ll address your second question in a bit.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Thanks a lot. Your support is priceless.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Regarding your second question, it appears this theme (which is a cool one btw!) has a small quirk if you choose a white background. So instead simply do this:

#menu-user-menu{
    background-color: #333;
    }

Change “#333” to whatever color you want.

Please let me know if I’ve missed anything.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

No, I think you misunderstood that second problem.
    I’m sure I didn’t explain it very well.

Let me try again.
    When you’re logged in as a customer, my ‘Login/Account Menu’ shows the buttons ‘Login’, ‘Logout’ next to the key icon and ‘PictureBreeze.com – Stock Photos by André Babiak’ (which is the nick name of my user profile) next to the shopping cart icon. I think the last part should say something like ‘Shopping Cart’ or ‘Customer Area’ or something like it and not my user profile nick.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.