Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Participant

Hello,

I have been testing this out for the past couple of days and am having some issues with the download link for the file. I am using the Pro version and Woocommerce 2.6.13. I have tried testing in a sandbox environment and in live. I am also using Stripe for payment processing. When I purchase an image I receive the invoice from my site but I do not receive the email with the download link. I have checked with GoDaddy and they are seeing them being sent. I went into Woocommerce this morning and activated the tab under digital downloads to Grant access to downloadable products after payment and then tried it again and I received the email with the link, however the link does not work. It goes to a white screen and simply says “Invalid Order: Go to shop” with a hyperlink on go to shop. When I go into all the orders I have made for testing non of these links work either. Can anyone lend some help on this matter? Thanks!

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Are you running the cron job via your control panel? This is what systematically processes orders. The download links are then sent out automatically.

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Participant

I think that is the issue, or at least part of the issue. I did not configure it to run automatically yet. I need to call GoDaddy to see how to complete that step. I did run cron job manually and both emails from both orders today were sent out and the links worked. I am calling GoDaddy now to see if this fixes the issue.

What version of Woocommerce compatible with Symbiostock?

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Participant

Apparently GoDaddy is not capable of adding cron jobs to their WordPress Hosting. Any ideas on how to get around this since I just paid for 3 years with them?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

You can use a third party service but that will likely cost the same as the hosting account. Call up GoDaddy and ask them if they can give you a prorated refund on your hosting as you need this functionality. From what I remember they don’t have any issue doing this. Then move to a host that provides cron jobs. We also provide hosting but it is likely more expensive than GoDaddy or any other low tier WP host.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.