Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Damion
    Damion
    Participant

Hi there – I can see a bunch of people have installed with no issue. However following the installation instructions has not worked for me.

I’ve downloaded and installed woocommerce and I can add, edit and delete products without issue and they appear on the site just fine. I’ve also confirmed with my host that Imagick has been installed.

I’ve installed the Symbiostock plugin and it confirms that it has installed without issue. Symbiostock appears in my navigation bar just under Woocommerce. When I click ‘Add Media’ I successfully move through all prompts and I go to a page where I can edit that media and I can also preview. However when i preview I get a 404: Page cannot be found error. Also the uploaded media does not appear in the media list. The Items I uploaded previously in Woocommerce appear just fine but if I edit them in Symbiostock they will error and not appear on the site.

I then removed Symbiostock and, following the instructions on the Installing Symbiostock page (http://www.symbiostock.org/docs/installing-symbiostock/):

Once both WordPress and WooCommerce are installed, download Symbiostock and upload the ‘symbiostock’ directory into your ‘wp-content/plugins/’ directory. You would do this using FTP via the credentials your web-host will have provided you.

I get the same 404 error and nothing appears in the media list. However I can confimr the FTP upload is successfsul – the image file is sitting in the default folder indicated in the settings list.

I am excited by the possibilities this plugin offers but I am simply unable to get past this issue. Please advise where i may need to be looking to resolve this.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Damion,

Please follow this guide:

http://www.symbiostock.org/docs/3-minute-guide-to-launching-your-store/

It will quickly show you how the uploading process works. I think the main issue you are encountering is the fact that after you upload media, you are not running the processor that will then parse and add your new image to your media list. The “Add media” page for Symbiostock acts only as a web uploader for your image as is indicated in the little information box visible right below the file upload field.

Let me know if you continue to have any issues and also to let me know if this resolves your problem.

Profile photo of Matthew Hughes
    Matthew Hughes
    Participant

Hey guys I have a similar issue, I have installed and followed the steps but adding media doesn’t seem to work for me, it says its published and asks me too view the post but I also get a 404.

Can you help with this at all?

Thanks

Matt

Profile photo of Damion
    Damion
    Participant

Hi Robin – I found the Run Now option next to cron jobs and it has located the image and added it to the product list so thank you for that (this should answer your question too Matt Hughes). Just some questions:

Where can I go to manage pricing and how does pricing work – is it tied directly into licensing?  Scratch this one – I can see a bunch of additional options that have opened up under ‘media’. Excellent.

Where can I find additional information on theme customization? ie: adding a cart interface/total $ spent to a custom theme, css etc.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Damion,

Great that it resolved your issue. I will add an information link for all new installs in future releases so that people can easily figure out how to run the processor to avoid that confusion.

As for theme customization, it all depends on the theme. I’m on the road right now so I can’t get too much into it but will answer more once I am settled.

A lot (and I mean a LOT) of information is available via the documentation link at the top, so don’t hesitate to do some searches there for it.

As for theme customizations related to cart totals and stuff, as that is mostly controlled by WooCommerce, don’t hesitate to search the web for solutions regarding it. Symbiostock is developed to work completely in conjunction with WooCommerce so 99% of the addons or tips that work with it will work with Symbiostock.

Matthew: I think Damion’s problem is the same as yours, so please try to follow my answer and if that does not work let me know.

Profile photo of Matthew Hughes
    Matthew Hughes
    Participant

Hey Guys,

I have tried that a few times and that did not work for me, 0 files processed.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Matthew,

Please do the following:

1) Add Media > Upload an image (Jpeg)

2) Wait a minute

3) Go to Symbiostock > Settings and click on ‘Run Now’

4) Go to your Symbiostock or Media tab and see if it has been added.

If this does not work, private message me your admin panel credentials so I can take a look.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.