Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Monica
    Monica
    Participant

Hello… I have tried uploading via FTP and Web… when I run the processor the media post shows up but with no image… I can manually add the image but the watermark isn’t there and it allows the images to be right clicked and saved at full size… I am very new to this, what am I missing?

Thanks!

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Monica,

First thing’s first – check if you have Imagick installed. This is done via your Symbiostock > Settings page. Scroll to the bottom.

If you don’t have Imagick installed, then your system is using the GD library. It is then very likely that if the product is being added to the database but no image is being added that your server is running out of memory when the image is being created.

As GD uses about 10 times the amount of memory that Imagick does, it’s sometimes hard on servers and some won’t be able to process the image properly. One easy way to check this is to upload a small image to see if that gets parsed correctly.

Can you give that a go and report back?

Thanks.

Profile photo of Monica
    Monica
    Participant

We are up and running…I had to get my hosting company to add the Imagick piece…thanks for the quick response!!

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

No worries – glad to see you figured it out!

Profile photo of joel
    joel
    Participant

Now, after sending photos via FTP the images do not appear   in the media section. Before it worked

http://www.western-france.fr

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Send me your login info via PM joel – I’ll take a look.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Joel – looks like you changed the watermark, or the watermark percentage. As a result it is first re-doing all your thumbnails, then it will get to the new images. Do you have the processor running on a cron job? If so, looks like you have plenty of memory on your machine. I suggest you increase your processor load to 10 so it gets through them quicker.

Edit: I will reverse the order the processor does stuff, actually. I will have it re-do thumbnails after it adds new images. I’ll add this in the next release. For now, I’ve manually changed it on your side.

Profile photo of joel
    joel
    Participant

I don’t change the watermark and I don’t change the watermark percentage. I used cron job, I stopped for reasons of referencing. How do you increase the processor at 10 or 20?  Thank you for your intervention on my website !

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hmm, okay – it’s re-doing your thumbnails regardless. Why, I can’t quite say.

To change your processor load just go to Symbiostock > Settings > Max Processor Load

Profile photo of joel
    joel
    Participant

I don’t change the watermark and I don’t change the watermark percentage, but I remenber now that I changed the size of photos for a license (full size to 1200 px). Thank you for your info.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Ah, yes, that will trigger it too. 🙂 Thanks for letting me know.

PS: Actually, I don’t know if that will trigger it unless it is in the WooCommerce settings. Regardless, in my tests there is always some reason it gets triggered. No worries.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.