Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

If you could boot up “Symbiostock” as a desktop program, what sort of functions would you want it to carry out?

I think it needs to be buyer orientated. After all thats what all of us need

Profile photo of Matt
    Matt
    Participant

For site owners.
    FTP and Image management, categories, keywords etc – Deepmeta style.

For Designers and buyers
    Search and lightbox management
    Easy purchasing from multiple sites

Is this the kind of thing you mean?

Don’t spin too many plates though!
    The latest Symbio version with Dragonfly is a quantum leap, keep refining this. Seriously it could become the goto platform for many, many photographers and illustrators. Love the direction it is heading in 🙂

Profile photo of tdahl-stock
    tdahl-stock
    Participant

What if the app was able to interact with all symbiostock sites and use single sign on. Just thinking out loud here, but when the app is installed use a method to auto register the user on any networked symbiostock site they connect to for a purchase.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

This is mostly to see what contributors would want, to keep them out of the clunky admin area of wordpress and manage their sites in an easier way.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

If you think a client app would be good too, let me know. I’m just collecting ideas.

I think clients take priority over contributors

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

I second the lightbox/collection display item mentioned. I’d prefer to rely less on categories and have groups of pictures/vectors. Some things you only have a small group of photos and then no more. You want people to see one and then see all the others but they don’t really deserve a category of it’s own. It just begins to clutter the categories list.

Jo

Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Think of the Flickr uploader. Thats neat.

Agree with Matt as well, about spinning too many plates 🙂

Profile photo of Matt
    Matt
    Participant

If you are going down this road wouldn’t a lightroom plugin be easier to manage uploads?

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

I agree with others. Make the WP version fool proof and then take a long well deserved vacation before even thinking about more projects. We all want to keep you alive.

Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

@redneck wrote:

I agree with others. Make the WP version fool proof and then take a long well deserved vacation before even thinking about more projects. We all want to keep you alive.

Amen

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I think contributor tools is a fine long term goal, but I wouldn’t want any development time spent on this now given the list of things for the operation of the site that still need work.

If it’s therapy you are looking for (i.e. some code that isn’t the existing set of problems) then OK 🙂 I’d prefer something that runs in a browser, not something that you download to a PC or Mac (because that means worrying about PC/Mac/Linux support and stuff that you probably wouldn’t want to tackle).

I’d think a WP plugin to add contributor functionality would be the way to go – the project is so linked to WP that making a part of it not be seems not to add any value.

I’d like to see a detailed sales report sortable by image number, date, number of sales for images, downloads per month of images, image size/type.

Sales per month and per year (downloads and $$)

Other nice things would be to track a particular image’s sales over time; earnings for content uploaded in a particular time period (all the earnings in 2016 for files uploaded in 2013, for example :))

The more elaborate reports (like in some of those paid add-ons for microstock sites) would definitely be something you could have as a paid option.

But we need sales in volume before any of these become relevant though 🙂

Profile photo of tdahl-stock
    tdahl-stock
    Participant

@jsnover wrote:

But we need sales in volume before any of these become relevant though 🙂

Yea, that would be a depressing blank report for me 🙂

… but this is just the beginning. I am in it for the long haul

Profile photo of Matt
    Matt
    Participant

Totally agree, finish the WP theme and take a long, long break.

We’ll all still be here keeping the project going.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.