Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bjornar K
    Bjornar K
    Participant

Hi,

I made a youtube video where I show off some quick editing techniques I use with Adobe Lightroom. Nothing too fancy, but someone may benefit from it? A little click bait title, yes I know.

From Boring to AMAZING Landscape Photo in 10 minutes using Lightroom and a RAW File

In the video description I linked to symzio as well. Every little bit counts I hope. 🙂

Take care everyone.

/Bjornar

Profile photo of Dawn
    Dawn
    Keymaster

I just watched your video – some great tips in there and good insight into post processing, especially for people learning the ropes with photography.

I’d love to share your video on Symbiostock’s Facebook & Twitter – would you be okay with that?

Bjornar K
    Participant

Of course, share away!

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

I have to say while the general approach to landscape processing is ok, entirely killing the highlights and opening the shadows will decrease contrast and therefore impact of the image. It doesn’t make sense to first cut highlights/shadows and later raise contrast.

My first tip would be to always have the indicator checkboxes in the top corners (left and right) of the histogram window enabled (disabled in your video) to make sure until what exact point highlights and shadows may be clipped without losing impact. Highlights and shadows are your friends when used properly. No reason to kill them.

Bjornar K
    Participant

I had to go back and check.

As far as I can see there are no clipping going on and the indicator boxes in the top corners are indeed active. Am I missing something perhaps?

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Ah ok, you’re right, they were checked. My approach would have been different though.

I also think the split toning to warm up the highlights was too much (or unnecessary). But that’s only personal taste.

Anyway, not meant to criticize, thanks for promoting,

Bjornar K
    Participant

No problem! I certainly welcome suggestions.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

That is an amazing video. The original picture will look un-process-able to the lay man. Good work.

Profile photo of Dawn
    Dawn
    Keymaster

Feel free to repost / retweet these social media shares!
    Facebook:

Twitter:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.