Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of juha
    juha
    Participant

Hi!
    I’m building a free image website to get more traffic and promote what my premium image bank offers. I would like to offer Free Download -button in the image info page but noticed that Symbiostock plugin overrides “Free Downloads Woocommerce” -a plugin which should turn off cart function.

Is there an easy solution to get either that WC plugin to work or does it have to be done with hard coding?

ps. I now that free image banks are partly ruining the stock business but after 16 years of running my agency I’m really out of funds to advertise so free image banks may offer a good compromise to get traffic and hopefully sell more premium images. Plus I’m offering only my own images for free. Not like big agencies do it making money with free images without paying to photographers a single penny. Revenue of my agency today is only under 1/30 of what it was 10 years ago. That is quite amazing how this business is changed in such a short time but I’m not ready to throw the towel yet. I love this biz although today it is just a hobby besides of assignment work.

All the best!

Juha

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Juha,

Thanks for the question, and you are absolutely allowed to do whatever you feel is best to promote your work and business, including licensing free images if you so wish. 🙂

As for the checkout system – the reason you cannot skip the checkout system with Symbiostock is that orders must be placed into a processing queue so that customer images can be processed by the processor to resize and package based on their chosen license. There is no way to circumvent this as the entire Symbiostock system is based on this.

However, I would suggest you embrace this requirement rather than try to sidestep it as if people want to download your images, it is a good idea to collect their contact information as a bare minimum so that in the future, if they opt in, you are able to promote your paid images to them.

Profile photo of juha
    juha
    Participant

Those are good points. As an addon question concerning the gallery options. Is there a way to present photos in Masonry style? Like that seems to be newest trend or is it tied to how Woocommerce products can be shown on site?

Thanks for the insights!

Juha

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Juha,

As this is a front end question, you would have to research this. Symbiostock Express does not provide for a masonry style gallery, but it is very possible there are themes or even a special page you can add that will provide a masonry style list to your store.

I took a brief look and couldn’t find a clear solution.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.