Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chromaco
    Chromaco
    Participant

Hi all, just trying to gauge the level of interest here. It feels like about 10 of us are talking to each other and no-one else is around. If you visit but don’t speak that is just fine but it would be nice to know that we aren’t talking to ourselves. If you are one of the 170 plus site owners please take just a second to click an option. I for one would like to know that someone else is at least listening. I love this project! I also think it is hugely important for us to take back some control from the micros. I would hate to see it fade away because everyone is just so apathetic that it withers and dies.

If this forum is important to you please let us know.
    Thanks
    Dennis

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

It can be hard to “catch up” if you’ve been away for a bit – I looked in yesterday after only a short break (was away from last Thursday to Monday) and the amount of “stuff” was a bit overwhelming. I can only imagine how it feels if someone has been “away” for a month or two.

If many site owners cannot take a lot of time each day to keep up, perhaps it gets too hard to figure out where things are and they just stay away?

I think some sort of timeline/change log thread, in reverse chronological order, with links to the posts that have key things about updates or the logo change would make it much easier for people to dip in and out and still know where things are with the project.

Profile photo of peresanz
    peresanz
    Participant

“I think some sort of timeline/change log thread, in reverse chronological order, with links to the posts that have key things about updates or the logo change would make it much easier for people to dip in and out and still know where things are with the project.”

Yes, sometimes I have the feeling that I’m missing something and end up checking almost all threads. Don’t know if that is because of how the forum is organized or it’s just me 🙂

Profile photo of rixie
    rixie
    Participant

I am reading but not very active yet 🙂 I have been busy with other deadlines, but I am sure this forum will be extremely valuable once I start to develop my site – hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

I do love this project and I am trying to come and read/post a little every few days but I am finding this new board to be less user friendly than our previous two. I find it very frustrating that even though I visit and read a thread, it continues to show up as unread. So I find it difficult to see what is new at a glance.

I think a lot of people are also spinning lots of plates and it becomes challenging to post regularly. Some don’t want to participate which is fine by me. They want a photographic site and business, not to hold people’s hands.

Lastly, I would also like to point out that because some of the regulars are so prompt with answers … by the time we get to read the thread, the questions we might have been able to answer, are already sorted out hehe 😀

Jo

Profile photo of Chromaco
    Chromaco
    Participant

Thank you everyone for responding so far. Silently reading is great too. In fact any type of interaction is good. Sometimes I think Leo is so used to hearing negativity from one or two people that he assumes that everyone is discontent. I actually think it is the opposite. I bet most people are very happy and quietly going about the processes of selling images.

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

Yes, I know. I’ve often told him (Leo) he has an insane amount of patience with people LOL! I would think that while most of us would like to make sales, overall we are happy to be part of this growing project.

Like I posted on MSG, this costs a person almost nothing! Even with our stupid exchange rate I still say that. It’s not a huge investment unlike the people who have stuck with SymbioStock for a year. Now that has been a huge investment of time. I think I started in October if I recall.

I would go out on a limb to say that a few people just had unrealistic expectations and were naturally disappointed. I haven’t made a sale but I still have plans … once I find some time! LOL!

Jo

Profile photo of scenicoregon
    scenicoregon
    Participant

Hi all-
    When I’m focusing on processing my images, uploading, and publishing them, and all is going well, I don’t find myself visiting the forum very often, maybe once a week. That’s where I’m at right now, probably will be for another few weeks.

However, when I’m busy updating my site, adding functionality, trying new things, and trying to troubleshoot problems, I visit (and often post) a couple times a day many days of the week, usually for a few weeks at a time. I could have never got my site up and running on Symbiostock without the forum, it is invaluable. I’ve received soooo much help from Leo, Christine, Steve (at Cascoly), AGT, Joe, and many others.

Thanks, all!

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

You are welcome.

I think you have probably hit the nail on the head there – people visit a lot when they are setting up and need help but when everything is going smoothly they do not feel the need so much

There is the news feed that goes straight into the sites on the Symbiostock tab so I imagine some people keep up with some of what is going on that way?

I don’t think I want to admit how often I visit

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of Ariene
    Ariene
    Participant

My English is too poor to write easily, but I read and understand so I’m here often. I learn, improve and enjoy, so don’t stop, don’t ask, just talk here, you guys! 🙂
    This is just a beginning, be patience 😉

Btw. I’ve done some article about Sys (general info) in Polish lang. Some stockers are asking me how to set up Sys, as they don’t know EN. I’m planning to do another article in PL and help them how to do this, how to set their Sys sites… They work with stock agencies for few years and still don’t know English at all 😀 It won’t bring them here, but Sys will grow, I guess 😉 This forum helps me with a lot of fresh informations, and it’s motivating to try.

Christine
    Participant

Hi Ariane

It is good to hear that the word about Symbiostock is spreading. Invite them here, we have a variety of languages between within the forum users, and if they are happy to use something like google translate we could probably post questions and answers in both languages

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

@ariene wrote:

My English is too poor to write easily, but I read and understand so I’m here often. I learn, improve and enjoy, so don’t stop, don’t ask, just talk here, you guys! 🙂
    This is just a beginning, be patience 😉

Btw. I’ve done some article about Sys (general info) in Polish lang. Some stockers are asking me how to set up Sys, as they don’t know EN. I’m planning to do another article in PL and help them how to do this, how to set their Sys sites… They work with stock agencies for few years and still don’t know English at all 😀 It won’t bring them here, but Sys will grow, I guess 😉 This forum helps me with a lot of fresh informations, and it’s motivating to try.

there are several of us here that offer setup services for sym sites — i’m also starting a co-op that allows people to have a portfolio online without having a full symbiostock site http://symbiostock-co-op.com

another consideration for non-English sites — at this point, sym is mostly in English — there are a few sites that have German keywords, but if you don’t use English keywords, you’re not going to be found in the global searches

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

I do love this project too, thanks Leo. I’m just little sad because a lot of SYM users do not participate here in the forum and also that it seems a lot of people don’t believe in its potential due expecting sales and results right away, which even in huge microstock agencies they won’t reach it quick from night to day. I remember that when I started at iStock my first withdraw of 100 bucks was after one year, so it is a project and for a long term. I mean, IMHO.

I use to visit and participate in this forum every single day. So, IMHO it is very important to everyone that wants to participate in the Symbiostock network/project/etc. :0)

Christine
    Participant

I have just spotted this:

Most users ever online was 74 on 26 Feb 2014 07:57 pm

Not sure how many of these were guests but that is more than have answered the poll so far 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.