Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

How do you price your collections? What is the best approach to selling a collection?

I am not sure how big the discount must be for a collection to make sense. Example, I have a meatball collection of 11 images, but who needs 11 images? The largest size image is discounted by 2.5 images so to speak. So only of a buyer needs more than 8 images its cheaper to buy a collection.

I am thinking I need to discount a lot more then I currently do.

http://semmickphoto.com/image-type/collections/

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I told you – scrap the details and just promise to send them some meatballs upon purchase (frozen and rush mailed of course)

But if you MUST have more than that, I simply multiply all the respective image prices, and then apply a discount to them. Example:

http://www.clipartillustration.com/image/orange-man-medical-image-collection/

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

I use Leo’s approach. Multiply the regular price with the amount of images and then discount the package 60 to 80% depending on the amount of images.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

I discount at least 80% — I figure most users who find symbio sites are not heavy use designers, so I want them to grab the collection which is set at 3-5 times the 1 image price. if designers start grabbing these ‘bargains’ I can always raise the prices. basically I see for most people it’s a choice between 1 image at $10 or 20-30 similar images at $30+ if I sold one set of each collection each month i’d be able to up my retirement travel budget from 10-12 weeks to 20 weeks per year

Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Ok, that much, I discounted 25-50%. I will redo my pricing.

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

I have larger collections with more than 20 images so I took 40% off and figure I can reduce the rate if the page gets lots of traffic and zero sales.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

I’ve taken the other approach, i’d rather first get SOME sales at a lower price, then increase if it becomes popular (which, for collections, is rather unlikely) similar to the discussions in msg about footage sales

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.