Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mike1
    mike1
    Participant

I’ve just installed SS and Express theme. I may be missing something fundamental here but I can see no way to create an image gallery. I’m hoping this doesn’t mean I have to install (and find) another plugin and that this facility is built into SS or Express somewhere?

If it isn’t, can anyone say what I have to do to create galleries, if a third party, is there a recommended free one and how do I link prices/licences to SS and Woo Commerce. I’m very new to WordPress.

I’m clearly not understanding this so any help appreciated – can find nothing by searching these forums or in the documentation. Right now I have a very pretty site which does absolutely nothing

Hi, Mike,

It may not be a straightforward way to create galleries and below is how I did that.

First, create a product category Symbiostock->categories, it will show up in each product you uploaded and you just need to assign products to this category.
    After that, you can use a unique URL to visit the category or create pages with thumbnails pointing to the URL to visit this category (named Gallery).
    Here is mine: https://bestcityscape.com/product-category/europe/greece/santorini/

In case you want to put them in the menu:
    In your Appearence->Menus, click manage with live preview, click ‘Add Items’ then you can choose ‘product category’ to locate the one you just created.

Profile photo of mike1
    mike1
    Participant

Hi Songuan,

Thanks so much – makes perfect sense although I haven’t been able to try it yet. (I got waylaid with duties). It seems a very attractive theme altogether so far.

Profile photo of mike1
    mike1
    Participant

OK so I managed to create a category but how do I create products to go into it? I’ve explored Woocommerce, Symbiostock Express and Symbiostock – all I could find were product settings. This is anything but intuitive I’m finding.

Any help welcome

Profile photo of mike1
    mike1
    Participant

Found it – adding media products in documentation – thanks. Now I just have to work out how I add the product to the category I created……………

Got It! Thanks Songuan – looking good for the little I’ve had time to play today http://www.norfolkvillagesigns.com The plan is to get this new little site up and running – there will only be a book for sale and images on a particular subject – and then will make a start on the main one when I know what I’m doing.

Good to hear you figured out. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.