Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

It turns out that GA is not working for me because I never installed the tracking code. But according to GA I need to do :

To get all the benefits of Universal Analytics for this property, copy and paste this code into every webpage you want to track.

Or

PHP Implementation
    Create a PHP file named “analyticstracking.php” with the code above and include it on each PHP template page. Then, add the following line to each template page immediately after the opening tag:
    < ?php include_once("analyticstracking.php") ?>

So what page do I need to track? Or do I need to add that tracking code to ALL my webpages, about 1100, LOL

Thanks

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Or paste the tracking code into the section of your header.php.

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

I understand Cathy, I do not understand Redneck unless I get more explanation. Layman here. 🙂

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Do you mean this code

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
    (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
    m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
    })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-xxxxxxx-1', 'semmickphoto.com');
    ga('send', 'pageview');

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Yes, that code.

It needs to be placed between the

tags of your header.php

However, you might lose this customization with future updates of SYS theme except you copy that header.php into your child theme folder.

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Thanks, I just did that. I dont use child theme, because I dont know how to use it. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.