Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jack
    Jack
    Participant

I’m planning to look for another hosting company. I know Symbiostock is going to offer this as well. But is it possible, now or ever, to host the hirez images somewhere else? With a size of about 2.5 Mb per picture, I figured out I could place 12000 images on my site at this moment. I know that sounds like a lot, but I’m sure I will get to that number within half a year easily.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hosting the originals remotely will be very difficult unless you are using symlinks within Linux.

Profile photo of Jack
    Jack
    Participant

So that still is the most difficult part for me to decide where to host my site. Some are perfect but offer ‘only’ 20 or 30 gb of storage. Any news yet on the plans that Symbiostock will offer?

Profile photo of Jack
    Jack
    Participant

Could something like this not be an option?

https://nl.wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-dropbox/

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

We’re basically spending all our time on the hosting system and getting 3.0 tested. Shouldn’t be too long now, but we want everything to be solid without issues.

Again, there is no feasible way to host images elsewhere unless you use symlinks within Linux, and even so, you’d need an extremely fast connection to it. PHP needs to access those originals quickly for thumbnailing and sales.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.