Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of patrimonio
    patrimonio
    Participant

Hi,
    Just started setting up my new site but I have encountered a few issues on the home page (I am not tech savvy, so please bear with me). I’m using v. 2.9.7, dragonfly
    Here’s the link to my site:
    http://sportillustrations.net/

Here are the following issues:
    – logo at top is not appearing ( it’s hidden behind the header)
    – also there’s a link to the top on the header ( which I did not place?)
    – the orange bar is kind of over-sized and a few menu items, though invisible ( contact, EULA, etc) are repeated near the search bar

How do I fix these things?
    Thanks for your help in advance.
    Cheers,
    Aloysius

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Hi there!

First, the logo issue and the link are the same — the link is showing because the image you are referencing does not exist – so whats happening is its just showing the link portion of the html – not the image.

Here is the link its referencing: http://sportillustrations.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/sportillustrations-main-logo-header-423-x-104.png

So you may wish to double check it still exists and hasn’t been deleted, or the link still exists.

The reason why your menu appears big is that you have an orange text layer on an orange background. That can be fixed by assigning the “cart/account” menu to a location. Its best to simply leave that particular menu empty, and it will give you the two default important links.

patrimonio
    Participant

thanks, leo for the quick reply.
    the menu bar has been fixed and thank you for your help.
    however, the link above it is showing. i have deleted the original logo image and replaced it with a new that i have just uploaded but is still doing the same thing. any thoughts?
    aloysius

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Are you using the “SETTINGS” in the “BEE” tab? Thats the one this system uses.

patrimonio
    Participant

That was were the problem lie and thanks for pointing it out. i was using the “Header” in the “Appearance” menu. And one more thing, how do you change the color of the menu bar ( right now it’s orange which was the default”)?

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

@patrimonio wrote:

And one more thing, how do you change the color of the menu bar ( right now it’s orange which was the default”)?

You need to make a choice of which color scheme as part of Dragonfly. To make that change, from your WP admin panel, go to Appearance -> Editor (not Edit CSS) and you’ll see the styles.css for Dragonfly with some instructions on where to enter your choice of look. Remember to click the Update button after you make your edits

You can see samples here

http://bootswatch.com/

patrimonio
    Participant

thanks, jsnover. i’m currently looking at the Editor in Appearance menu. i’m just a newbie, sorry and not really familiar with css, but how do i do it if i want to change the color scheme to “Journal”, for example. is there a way where i can just copy and paste it in the Editor?

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

So under the list of choices is the following line:

/* Per above comments, replace “United” with your above sub-theme choice */
    @import url(“bootstrap-themes/Journal/bootstrap.min.css”);

After you cut and paste Journal in place of United, just click Update File and you should see the changes

patrimonio
    Participant

wow, that simple. thanks much, jsnover!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.